Shadows

??? POV

I was really hesitant about this order. Usually, they're guilty of some type of crime that had disastrous effects on the company. This one, though, was completely different. It was that..thing that came out of the Orbis Tablet- human, I think it was called. Looking to the interview, I remember they said it was male.

Anyway, he is my latest order. I just don't understand why, though. My informant didn't say anything about their reasoning behind it, so I was pretty much in the dark. For one thing, he didn't seem to be guilty of anything. The OSI said that they couldn't put him at fault for the tablet exploding. The other thing is, well, he's so young. Most of my targets have been full-grown adults who know what they've done wrong, but just by looking at him I can tell he's a teenager- and a rather weak one at that.

Now I know what you're thinking, "You're an assassin? Why would you kill other furs?". Okay, let me explain before you start telling me what's right and wrong. First thing, I'm a hitman, not an assassin. An assassin kills for political and religious reasons, which I don't do- that's the common definition for it, anyway. To make a long story short, I had a rough past and gained special abilities- which would help me later on. Soon enough, I became a hitman for a "company" that specializes in..strange things. Anyway, they pay me to take out spies and criminals who've wronged them. They make sure to give me proof of it, otherwise it's no deal.

It may not seem so good to you, but it's the way I live now. I'm lucky enough to even keep my moral standings. Although, this current order is a difficult one, especially after I saw him out in the open yesterday. He was with a husky, who seemed to get pissed at anyone who gave them dirty looks. As for the human himself, he seemed pretty excited out in the city. I could tell he didn't go out much, as he seemed to be looking at almost everything around him. I also caught small pieces of his scent, which was rather strange.

Usually, dogs would be the ones to smell stuff, but I guess that's just one of the strange quirks I have. As I said, his scent was strange, carrying different things around it. It didn't exactly have one describable smell- well, it does. The problem is that it's nothing I've smelled before. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Maybe it's a meh, I don't really know.

The two seemed to get along great, as I could see them laughing and just having a good time. No paparazzi came around them, surprisingly. The media certainly seemed interested in him when the chief first revealed him, but nobody turned their heads. Although, I would expect some dolt to post a pic on Barker- not that it would surprise me or anything. Honestly, nearly everything gets posted on there every second- without any relent!

Getting back on topic, the last thing I saw of them was at the park. I have to admit, it was a little cute seeing him doze off with the husky next to him. I lost them when they got in the car, unfortunately, but it's for the best. I'd rather catch him while he's out in the open than make a scene where he lives. That being said, I still had to question what I was going to do with him. It's obvious they don't want him around town, whether it's because they're paranoid or something else, I couldn't tell ya.

Maybe there's another way, though. I could make him vanish without actually taking his life. Well, I have been living alone for a while now. I guess it wouldn't hurt. The problem is when he'll come out next. Furthermore, there's that husky. He could smell me if I so much as touched the boy. That's a common problem I have with this "job", of you could call it that...

One mess up and it's game over.