Epilogue

The silence of the forest was broken by a brilliant light. It only lasted a few seconds before a boy stumbled through it, a bag in one hand. He looked around for a moment, finding himself at the base of a large tree. He smiled slightly, remembering the moment he entered a whole new world.

This is where it all began, he thought as he frowned.

    Memories of both his life in this world and the other swarmed his mind. He missed his friends dearly, but he also missed his parents. The teen wanted to have them both, but he knew fate wouldn't have it. He was about to start the journey home when something caught his eye.

    Leaning down, his mouth fell to a line as he saw the very tablet that brought him to them. He picked it up cautiously, careful not to activate it again. A question he never considered appeared to him: what would he do with it? He couldn't just leave it here, as someone else could find it and his story would repeat itself. He pondered this for a while until he saw the object glow gently. An idea came to him, and he smiled.

Looks like I just might see them again after all.

~~*~~

    The sky was clouded over, matching the emotions of the furry sitting in the cafe. It was hard for him to believe that such a simple solution to a conundrum would turn into something so complicated. His heart ached as he knew his friend was surely back home by now. It's been a few days, so he couldn't be that far off.

His blue hands gripped the mug of coffee tightly, eyes glancing out the window beside him. He had to move on, as his job was done. The target's gone, the panic is over, and everything is back to normal..somewhat. He let out a small sigh, it would take some time for him to regain himself. His thoughts were broken by a ringing in his coat pocket, pulling out a phone.

"Hello?", he said as he heard a voice through the receiver, "Yes, that's right."

He listened to the voice reply as his eyes became lidded, "Correct. I did not see him as a threat, so I took him in."

"No, he doesn't. I made sure to keep quiet... Understood."

With that, he hung up. He didn't like lying to his bosses, but this was a special exception. Chances are the arrival of the human will fade from memory with time. However, he knew there were some that will remember, as will he. After all, he did make a promise...

He had a feeling that the story wouldn't end here. It just didn't seem right. Either it's his instincts or he just misses the human so much.

It doesn't matter, as both are apart of him.