chapter 19

He was sitting in front of the fireplace, dangling one of his handkerchiefs in front of Maisre's nose. Teasing her.

She barked and lunged for it just as he pulled it away.

The puppy yapped at him and Alexander couldn't help but giggle.

She backed up as he dangled the handkerchief again and growled at it — and him. Her nose went to the floor and her tiny nubbin on a tail lifted as she glared at the handkerchief. Her butt wiggled from side to side and suddenly she lunged, jaws snapping, but instead of going for the cloth she barreled into his lap, licking his face and pinning him instead.

Alexander dropped backwards as the puppy climbed onto his chest and began to lick his face. He brought his hands down to pet her and she promptly snapped up his handkerchief, prancing away with it in her mouth.

She trotted over to his lover and sat down, staring up at him.

"You are a nuisance," his daddy said as he peered down at Maisre.

Her butt wiggled in response as she stared at him. 
"I don't know why you're looking at me." His lover stared at the animal. "We are not friends young lady. You are a nuisance and when we return to Derniere you will be sleeping in the barn."

Maisre head butted him and dropped the handkerchief, yawning, and even from his spot in front of the fire Alexander could see her tongue unfurl in her open mouth.

His daddy narrowed his eyes and sighed. "I don't know why you're still staring at me."

Alexander pushed himself to his feet and made his way over to the desk where his daddy had some last minute correspondence that had arrived while they were at dinner. Including a package from Revere's that Alexander had tried studiously to ignore. He wrapped his arms around his daddy from behind and kissed his cheek. "She likes her daddy."

"I am not that dog's daddy. That dog's sire was the French consul's Cane Corso." His daddy turned to give him an annoyed look.

"But you're my daddy," Alexander whispered into his ear. "And I haven't had a chance yet to thank you for letting me bring Maisre home with us."

His lover huffed and Alexander kissed his ear lobe. "Thank you daddy for letting me have a puppy."

Alexander sauntered over to the settee and removed a blanket. He wadded it up and set it in front of the fire. "Maisre." He picked the dog up and deposited her in the middle of the blanket nest with the handkerchief she'd started to chew. "Bedtime," Alexander said, trying to sound firm— just as Mister Neddy always was with his dogs. He gave her a quick kiss on her wrinkled head and stood again.

"Daddy." He stared at his lover. "Don't you think it's time for bed?"

He saw his lover's already dark eyes go pitch black and watched him swallow. "Yes." His daddy nodded. "Yes it is time for bed. Go to bed Alexander. Daddy will be with you as soon as he banks the fires and turns down the lamps."

Alexander smiled and made his way to the bedroom, untying his cravat as he went. He was sore from their loving earlier but it was not as bad as it had been this morning and he knew his daddy would be gentle with him.

He peeled out of his clothes quickly and arranged himself on the coverlet as he had this afternoon. Took his still soft cock in his hands and began to stroke. Closed his eyes and tried to think of how his daddy felt when he was opening Alexander with his tongue. Perhaps he could convince him to do that again. Lick him and kiss him and make him find his release while sweating and shaking, begging his daddy for more.

His cock twitched and began to stiffen. He was already well stretched from their loving this afternoon. His body open and needy. His stomach still rumbly from the feel of his body being churned as it had been.