-= 11 =-

Breakfast was served, food piled on large plates that covered the half of the dining table they sat at. There were fruits and delicious pastries that Merrick couldn't help shoving onto his place when he got the chance. There were such delicious smells wafting off of the food, with steam rising high into the air. The curling of the steam made Annelie smile as she moved some food onto her plate. 

Her stomach growled, welcoming the food happily. It had never been able to consume so much. First, with the delectable dinner that left her feeling more content than she had in ages and then with the breakfast that satisfied her completely. It was getting harder and harder to think about smelling bread and other goods baking all day long without touching a thing. 

While Annelie contemplated the meal, enjoying the sweet taste bursting on her tongue, the Beast watched his Beauty. He was unable to take his eyes off of her appealing form. Even when her gaze met his dark, searching eyes he didn't turn his head away in shame. Rather, he just raised his goblet of wine up her way an amused grin on his face. 

The dress looked perfect on her. Yet, he doubted she could have worn something that wouldn't have made her look absolutely stunning. He barely paid mind to his own breakfast, in his own infatuation with Annelie. 

When she finally looked away from him, and to the fireplace behind her, he found his eyes moving over her body. It was turned slightly away, but twisted in such a fashion as to still show her lean waist and hips that begged for his hand to graze, to grab. 

A growl started to rumble in his chest, and he quickly covered it with a cough. It had been a long time since he was so interested in someone of the opposite sex. After being stuck in the castle for so long, there was no doubt as to the reason why. Yet, he couldn't help his own reaction to being so close to a beautiful woman who he wanted to make stay at his side. 

Oh, she was infuriating, but she was also so sweet when she wanted to be. The smiles she gave away like they were something so trivial made a strange sensation roll over him. 

He doubted he would feel the same if she was ever to smile at a man like that, a man other than him and her own father. His grip on his goblet tightened when he thought about what men she would have staring at her in town. No, he couldn't possibly let her leave with that idea popping unwanted into his head. 

When they were all finished eating and the Beast had his back pressed against his chair, he cleared his throat. The goblet he had been holding found its way back to the table and he rose to his full height. 

With Annelie at his one side, it was easy enough to find himself beside her. He held out his hand and waited. 

She stared at it for a long moment in time, her mind so obviously whirling with questions and thoughts. When she took it, he helped her rise from her chair, but didn't let her hand go when she tried to tug it away. "Come," he commanded. Not even waiting for her response, he began walking to the door of the dining hall. 

"Wait! Whoa! Where are you taking me?" she asked, her green eyes were wide. He turned to look at her and he clucked his tongue. 

"Where I want you to go," was all he said in return. Instantly Annelie's eyes darkened with irritation and a fresh wave of anger. Her mouth opened to protest before his other hand came up to press a finger against her lips. "Save the arguments and your pretty little voice." 

Annelie's face flushed bright red, her own want to yell at him growing steadily. Yet, he dragged her through the door and into the hall once more. His long strides made her work to keep up. 

Her feet suddenly felt so clumsy as she was barely able to keep herself from tripping again and again. Before long he stopped and exasperated sigh leaving him. Annelie's breaths were coming fast, having to work a lot harder at walking with him dragging her along with his seemingly endless strength.