-= Epilogue =-

Time seemed to flow forward like an easy morning breeze as the ice of the world around them melted. Warmth and light came along with blooming wildflowers and the empty branches budding into beautiful, healthy green broad-leafed giants. Instead of a curse haunting the land, it seemed that everything grew happier and so much brighter. 

By the dawn of spring, Annelie stood before a mirror with her hair being messed with by Navini who wore a wide smile. They both wore stunning gowns. There was one major difference between their outfits as one was a dark blue that complimented Navini's darker skin color and the other was made out of white and silver with long, trailing skirts, and a veil that would hang over Annelie's face as she walked from the castle's front steps. 

Nerves fluttered in her stomach, doubled by her own excitement and disbelief of their situation. When she and the Beast had been reunited, they had taken the time to get to know each other through and through with long walks on the castle grounds that extended into the town where the Beast was welcomed with open arms. The man never mentioned who he truly was, but it was apparent in his walk, his style. Yet, he was also so much more than just a prince. No longer did he take what he wanted, but rather had waited until Annelie had approached the topic of marriage to bring up his desires for their relationship. 

He wanted more, because he loved her and because he couldn't imagine being with anyone else. So, planning began in a whirlwind and Annelie would have it no other way. 

Her green eyes stared at herself, wondering if it was all too much for a wedding, but didn't dare ask. How many times must Navini reassure me? I mustn't mention it again for I fear she will lose her mind, Annelie thought with a smile growing on her face. Her green eyes slipped to her friend, one who seemed to be lost in the amazing energy the wedding had provided. That, and the fact that the castle would be soon filled with the laughter and lightness of children, the master's children. 

Annelie's hand dropped to her stomach, which had popped out only slightly. The news had come as a shock, but Vardan had shouted at the top of his lungs in, not rage, but pure joy, elation. 

Tears gathered in Annelie's eyes as she thought about how long her Prince had waited for children, for a family, for someone to love. Perhaps he thought that such a thing wasn't in his future. Yet, it was. She knew it was, and she knew her future was bright. Everything they had to endure to get to where they were, the curse, the hardships of either confinement or poverty, it was all worth it. 

Nights were spent with the man who had saved her life, who she had come to love despite all differences. He held her close, hands warm on her stomach and his breath hot on her neck. Her hair would blow forward against her skin as he let out an exhale, teasing the strands. Yet, it lulled her into a peaceful sleep she never thought possible. 

That had become her routine and her heart felt fuller each day. Even as she stood in front of the mirror, she knew she was loved and knew she loved in return with all her heart, everything she could give. The marriage didn't scare her, rather it excited her, which was another first. Perhaps it was because she knew, in her heart, that she had been destined to meet the man she would fall in love with, and the man who she knew would love her in return. 

Annelie sighed wistfully, causing Navini to look at her worriedly. "Is it the babies?" the girl asked, her hands moving down to brush gently against the bump. 

"No, Navini. I'm just reminiscing," she replied with a soft smile. The servant girl nodded her head. 

"Of course! It has been one demanding ride, hasn't it?" she murmured, brushed a strand of Annelie's hair, which was up except for one strand. That single strand was the one that Navini guided to hang beside her face, framing it with a gentle, pale blonde curl.