Ch 5 / Monsters and Mega Lies

“Hi again”

                “You still here? You should go get some rest Summer; you’ve been working non-stop all day”

                “And you’ve been working non-stop for the last week”

                “A whole week, huh? Wow, no wonder I’m dead on my feet!”

                “You really need to get some rest, come on, I’ll walk back to the cabins with you.”

                So that is how I, Summer, ended up walking back to the cabins through the woods, in the middle of the night, with Leo Valdez. Normally I would have been terrified being in the woods at this time of night, but Leo makes me feel so safe. And I was so excited to have him to myself that I didn’t care.

                Walking was all very nice but I needed to take it to the next level. So I invented the monster.

                “Oh my gods what was that!” I screamed.

                “What! What is it?”

                “I think I saw something in the trees!” I said, grabbing his hand and moving in close to him for protection from this ‘monster’.

                “I can’t hear anything,” he said after a pause, “Whatever it is, it’s gone now, it’s ok”

                He wrapped his arm around my shoulders protectively.

                “Let’s head back to the cabins” I said quietly, trying to sound scared even though my heart was beating as fast as one of Leo’s magic pistons in his ship.

                He didn’t let go of my hand until we got back to the cabins. He turned me around to face him.

                “Will you be ok?” he asked, obviously thinking I must be suffering from some kind of shock after our ‘monster’ encounter.

                “I think so, thanks so much” I impulsively threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tight before spinning round and walking into my cabin, leaving a dazed Leo standing, watching me walk into my cabin.