Ch 14 / Dreams and Dreaming

Warning, this capter is going to be boring. I'm lacking inspiration (even though I've got hundreds of reads and more votes and comments than I thought I waould ever get, thanks so much guys!) so this chapter isn't going to be great :(

I warned you!

Of course, I caught pneumonia.

Hey, I've only got myself to blame, right? What kind of idiot jumps into a freezing-cold lake in the middle of November? Me.

I woke up the morning after the lake incident with my chest feeling like it was about to explode. I sat up and started coughing and spluttering. I sank back down into my bed feeling suddenly breathless.

Katie, our head counselor, took one look at me and sent Sarah to get Chiron.

------

I've never been to the camp hospital ecept for when I come to visit another camper.

Two of my half-brothers carried me to there on a stretcher wrapped in a blanket. My head had started throbbing.

I remember a camper form the Apollo cabin standing over me. I could hear Chiron asking questions. Ambrosia. Necter.

I could feel my heat beating fast and faint. Drenched in sweat, shivering.

I was aware of everyone rushing around, but it was like watching a silent black and white movie in slow motion.

I could see Chiron's worried face. Some of my brothers and sisters from Demeter cabin. Medics from Apollo cabin.

But everything was slowly growing dimmer.

And then the dreams began.

------

*Dream*

I am running through the forest. It's late, almost dark, but I can see a light flickering somewhere through the trees in front of me. I keep running. Something is pulling me towards the light like a magnet.

I burst into a clearing and saw Leo. He had his back to me.

"Leo!" my dream-self shouted.

Slowly, he turned to see me and a smile spred across his face. He ran towards me, I ran to him...

...but then he ran through me as if I was made of smoke.

Time seemed to slow down.

I turned to watch as he ran to a figure standing at the edge of the clearing, partly hidden by shadows.

I saw her move towards him, saw then embrace.

Still with his arms wrapped around her waist, he draws back and studies her face.

After a pause, she puts her arms around his neck and kisses him.

"You had your chance." Nemesis' voice echoes around the clearing.

Then I feel the ground give way beneath my feet and I was falling through space.

*Dream Ends*

------

"We've given her all the Ambrsia we can without her burning up."

"Then why isn't she better yet?"

"I don't know! Pnemonia affects different people differently."

" £&^!*%($ all that crap science stuff, we're demi-gods! Why can't you heal her?"

"I don't know! I'm only mortal! Maybe she just has a waek inume system?"