Ch 8 / Calypso and Completed Phrophosies

He’s back.

                I should be bouncing of the walls, but I’m not. Because she came with him.

                We avoided war with the Romans, and in the ancient lands, the prophecy was fulfilled. Jason Grace made his choice, Storm or Fire, Roman or Greek. He chose fire. He chose Greek. And when he chose Greek, the Gods romans sides, evaporated. Leaving only their Greek sides who were ready to help defeat the giants before they woke Gaia in return for Jason stopping the battle between the gods 2 personalities.

                An oath to keep with a final breath, Jason. He swore he would never return to the Roman side. And because his dad’s Zeus (Jupiter? Whatever) he became the immortal minor god of rain storms. Rain storms, that must really suck.

                His girlfriend, Piper, is still mortal but the gods made some deal like, when everything mortal that she cares for dies; she becomes the minor god of selflessness. All because her boyfriend’s the son of Zeus.

                There will never be any more Roman demi-gods. Camp Jupiter will lose all of its military importance and become a safe place for demi-gods to live, to work, to go to college, to raise a family. All current Roman demi-gods would train instead at Camp Half-Blood; all demi-gods would train at Camp Half-Blood.

                But I don’t care about the prophesy, I don’t care who’s dead, who’s a god or who’s alive. All I care about is Leo.

                Everyone ran down to the lake as the Argo II set down on the water and moored alongside the other ships. I pushed myself to the front of the crowd to watch the remaining demi-gods of the prophesy climb down the ladder onto the quay. Watched Leo make his way carefully down the ladder and then pause at the bottom to help one of the girls of the ladder.

                But, hang on. I didn’t recognise this girl, it wasn’t Annabeth or Piper, and she didn’t look like the Roman girl who went with them.

                Leo reached up and took her hand, helping her down the final rungs of the ladder. She jumped lightly onto the ground, landing pressed up close to Leo. I could see her blush a little and take a step back, but also saw their hands brush.

                The returned half-bloods were swept up to the dining pavilion for super and Chiron’s welcome back speech. They didn’t hold hands, he didn’t wrap his arm around her shoulder, but they walked so close together that their shoulders touched. He would whisper in her ear and point out some feature of the camp and she would whisper back and he would laugh.

                The welcome speech passed in a blur. I watched them; she sat at the big table, thank goodness. I don’t think I could have bared it if they’d sat together.

“And I’d like to offer a very special welcome tour newest member at camp,” Chiron gestured to her; she blushed shyly and stood up. “Calypso!”