Ch 10 / Bunker 9 and Backfiring Plans

"How's Calypso settling in?" I asked Leo innocently. He blushed, not meeting my eyes.

"Calypso?" he said. "She's fine."

"Did you know she's the daughter of Atlas, the titan?" I slipped in.

"Oh yeah, she's not a bit like her dad though, is she? She's so sweet and - Summer? Are you OK?"

What!? He knew? Then why did he like her, she's the daughter on an evil titan!

"Oh yes, I'm just fine-'' I managed before spinning round and walking away so he wouldn't see the tears of anger, frustration and loss pouring down my face.

- - - - -

I knew he'd be cross with me for rushing off, so later I tried to find him. Not at the Hephaestus cabin, not at the forges, any of the activities or down at the lake. And then it clicked. Of course! I knew where he was.

As I made my way through the woods I remembered how Leo and I had walked through the woods on the way back from Bunker 9. How he'd held me so close to him to protect me from the imaginary monster, all those weeks and months ago before he went on the stupid quest, before he met her. As I pushed through the last of the trees I saw the huge stone that normally hid the entrance to Bunker 9 was slid slightly to the side. I had guessed right.

I stepped inside. None of the lights were on; perhaps he wasn't here after all... but then I heard something move near the back wall of Bunker 9.

"Leo?" I whispered, slowly moving deeper into bunker nine. "Leo? Are you in here?"

Silence for a moment, and then I heard someone giggle. I crept through the maze of workbenches and tables.

"Leo..." I froze, I couldn't move, couldn't breathe.

And then I ran. Back towards the door, back towards the light. I ran because I couldn't bare to see them. My Leo, my precious Leo, and her. Together. I had refused to see it. I'd known they were close, had feelings for each other, but I'd refused to see it fully.

So now I ran, ran as fast as I possibly could. I ran away from them, from my feelings, from my life. I didn't know where to, I just ran.

Sorry this chapter is really short and not that interesting.

I'm thinking about starting another fan-fiction about Nico, Reyna and Hedge's journey back to camp with the Athena Parthenos but I'm not sure waht should happen, if any one who's reading this has any ideas put them in the comments or send me a private message.

Thanks to everyone who's reading this :)