How we met.

There are many times I passed Jakob in the halls at school. As a freshman who had previously gone to a private school all her life, I didn't know anyones names. I remember asking Sarah about Jakob and who he was almost every day. I was so curious to learn about this tall handsome boy. I wanted to know what his favorite colors were, where he liked to eat, if he played any sports, what made him smile. I wanted to get close to him and see his deep brown eyes up close, touch his fluffy brown hair with my fingertips.

Than came that fateful day.

Ah, the church youth group. What a glorious place to be. April 29th, 2015. The day that Jakob Shin decided to visit Haneul Gyoae youth group. The day he sat next to me in service and the day he asked me for my number. I remember it like it was yesterday. After service Jakob introduced himself and told me he saw me around at school. We talked for probably an hour and a half. By this time it was 10 o clock, much later than I told my parents I would be. I rushed to ask Yoo Jung Unnie for a ride when Jakob offered me one. His brother drove us home, and before I got out of the car, he asked for my number. He texted me as soon as I got in bed. Jakob Joo Hwan Shin, hottest kid in our grade, asked for my number and texted me first.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you. I'll see you around in school!" The text read 12 glorious words.

Jakob came to youth group every Friday after that. In school, he would always say hi to me and hang out with me during my free time. Jakob and I became really good friends and he even joined yg squad.

There was something about Jakob that made me curious. I don't know if it was his tall body and broad shoulders. Or maybe it was his deep brown hair that flowed perfectly and waved exactly in the right places. Maybe it was the way he always had a peekaboo between his bangs that revealed his beautiful glowing skin. It might have been the way I felt like I was floating on cotton candy clouds whenever he talked. It could have been his warm hands and the way everything he did was done with care and dealt delicately. It could have been his big beady eyes that stare into you and trap you. His cute puckered lips and his perfectly bridged nose. I do not know what it was, but Jakob Shin had drawn me to him. And eventually, I would also make him curious.