Together We Were Happy

That first week of dating Jakob was no more or less magical than the rest of the days I had spent with him. For our first date as boyfriend and girlfriend, we went to breakfast at the same cafe as our first ever date. After breakfast, Jakob took me to get a pedicure, and he got one too. Luckily, the cafe and nail salon are all in the same town center as the mall. We went to the mall and shopped around, ate ice-cream and, of course, held hands.

Jakob's hands were warmer than the hands of any I have ever held. They were warm and loving, never clammy. When I held his hand I felt loved, secure, protected, safe. I felt like there was nothing on this earth that could stop me from holding this boy's hands.

Whenever Jakob and I were together we were always having fun. We were always laughing and smiling; there was never a dull moment. Every moment I spent with him was more magical than the last. Every time I looked into his eyes I fell more deep into them. Every time I held his hands I felt warmer. Every time he hugged me I felt safer. Every time I even thought of him, I was happier.

Even when we had to run errands with my mom, we had fun. My mother adored him and she loved bringing him grocery shopping, and I loved being with him so it was a win-win situation. I still am not sure to this day whether or not Jakob actually enjoyed going grocery shopping with us every weekend even though he claims he did. Either way, I looked forward to our weekly trips to Whole Foods and H-Mart. After our trips he would come over and help put things away and prepare dinner with her. I could never thank him enough for letting me drag him along wherever I went, and for being a wonderful son to my mother. He was not only amazing to my mom, but he was adores by my father as well. Myung Suk hated grilling and talking about cars with my dad because he was still in middle school. Jakob would sit for hours and let my dad rant about the latest football news and the newest car updates. They looked so cute together and were always laughing.

Friday nights at youth group became even more fun and interesting when we started dating. Everyone in yg squad would constantly make jokes about us and we all had so much fun together.

I know I keep saying this, but the days me and Jakob were dating were the happiest days of my life. I wouldn't trade a single second of our moments together for the world. And i didnt. And i wont.