Together We Danced

School started and I wasn't even depressed or anxious about it. I think it was because I knew that I had Jakob by my side no matter what. I never felt anxious or sad or upset or stressed around him. He made me feel safe. He made me feel happy. He made me feel comfortable. He made me complete.

As the first month of school went by and as PSATS were over, homecoming approached. This year I actually had time to have a date and go to the dance rather than just plan the entire thing and be too exhausted by the end of it. I was on the homecoming court again, and I was actually excited this time because Jakob would be my escort.

He came to me with 2 dozen roses. The entire hallway was lit up with my favorite firefly lights. On the floor read a path of rose petals that spelt out: "Homecoming?". He knew the answer already but the gesture is what counted most. I almost cried. It was the most precious thing ever. I seriously almost cried.

For homecoming I wore a knee-length navy dress with a simple sweetheart neckline and simple silk material. It was very simple. The whole night was very simple. But because I spent the night with Jakob it didn't feel simple at all. It felt like the best most luxurious night of my life. I felt like a princess. He looked like a prince. And it wasn't even prom it was only Homecoming. I think we could've been in an abandoned barn and sweatpants. I wouldv'e felt the same way as long as I had him by my side.

The slow dance was magical. It was like the world stopped again and there was only us two. I remember this moment clearly too. His eyes pulled me in so deep I felt trapped, in a good way.

I wished the world actually stopped. I wished we were the only ones on this planet. I wished every night could be magical like that night.

While the nights became more magical, the people around us kept existing and the world kept going.

So many people saw us dancing that night and told me that Jakob and I would be together forever. They said we would be high school sweethearts. I was so excited when they made these comments.

But they lied.