Chapter 19 : unsuspected kiss

I am chaning who Alison looks like ! so if you wanna who she looks like look up shailene woodley  

I had to drive back because Josh was wasted. He almost got us lost in the wood. As I drove in the pitch dark I saw another car behind us. I switched lanes and so did the car. I started to drive faster than the speed limit trying to get away. it worked for like about ten minutes. I saw the car go on the other lane and drive up by me. Josh was fast asleep and I kept looking forward in the corner of my eye I saw someone throw something at the car. It hit the window making it break. I suddenly stop making us jerk forward. Josh quickly woke up.

“ What happened?” he asked looking around he looked sober.

“ uh some kids just threw a rock at the car” I Said getting out to check the back. Glass was on the seat and the rock on the floor. A white piece of paper attached. I quickly grabbed it hiding it in my pocket.

“ Lot of glass” I said going over to his side, he was still in the car holding his head In his arms.

“ Ill have max clean it later” he said leaning back

“ Head hurt?” I yelled a little he filched and I giggled

When we arrived home the house seemed peaceful. Josh got the things out of the car and I walked to the front steps,

“ For now it’s a secret “ he said kissing me I nodded and gave him a tight hug. We opened the doors and it was quite.

“ Mom !” I yelled walking in to the kitchen . no answer I looked around and there was a note

had business with your grandpa darling be back soon

love mom and dad.

That was weird what kind of business did they have with my grandpa he hardly checks in. I went up stairs to where Josh’s new room was located

“ Hey” I said walking in he was laying down

“ Where is your mom and dad?” I asked sitting beside him

“Dad is doing his job and my mom had to go in hide out.” He said not looking up at me.

“ We have the house to our selves “ I said bumping him a bit.

“ I’m going to have a part” I said standing up, he finally decides to look at me

“ No way” he said sitting up

“ You cant have a party you don’t know when your mom and dad are gonna come home.” He stood up and picked up the phone.

“ IF we are having a party we are doing this right” he smiled

**************

“ Monse are you sure about this “ I asked looking in the mirror. She was wearing a Black dress and I was wearing a white one. She picked it out this time. I felt a little to raveled.

‘ Don’t be baby! Josh is going to love” she said fixing her hair. People are down stairs partying. And I was getting ready with Monse and Anna. We were already. I sighed and slowly walked out the door. my room was on the third floor and no one would come up here. As the three of us walked down the stairs I saw Josh, Max and James. Monse Ran to James and Anna walked off I stood in front of Max and Josh. I awkwardly stood there. There eyes didn’t leave my body until I waved my hand in front of them. Max smirked but didn’t say hi or anything and left I turned to Josh and he had a beer in his hand again. I rolled my eyes and he pulled me in for a hug and a kiss. We started to dance he was drinking a lot.

As the night went on I had lost Josh and more and more people had came. I couldn’t handle to much people. So I waked outside. I sighed and leaned over the ledge. The night breeze felt really good against my face and neck. I was sweating. I pulled up my hair letting the air cool me down.

“ That dress looks really nice on you” I quickly turned to see Max walked up the stairs to the ledge .

“ The first thing you say to me in weeks you perve” I said smiling at him he chuckled “ I had to say something” he leaned over and we both looked out in the yard.

“ Max i-“

“ Its okay Ali, I’m sorry too” he said bumping my shoulder I smiled

“ hows it going with you two?” he asked after a couple of minutes in silence

“ Not sure” I honestly admit

“ We aren’t together. Yet we act like we are, he said not to label  it just enjoy the moment” I sighed

“ Called Friends with Benefits “ he chuckled. My eyes went wide. He was right

“ You haven’t don’t anything have you?” he looked down at me. I blushed the day we sat under the Blooms tree we did things while he was drunk.

“ Ali” Max said with sadness in his voice.

“ No its fine he doesn’t want to label things , we aren’t friends with benefits “ I say trying to smile . he nodded his head.

“ Can I be honest with you?” he said taking a step back

“ go ahead” I smiled

‘ you deserve someone that will give you a future . Josh my like you a lot maybe even ask you out one day but what future do you have with him? This war may never end or new ones can come, hiding , beating and deaths .” he said holding my shoulders.

“ But ill always have someone like you around right?’ I felt my heart ace after I said those words. Max was always there even if he was in a gang. He was my safety blanket.  his eyes soften and he leaned in kissing me on the lips. I didn’t pull back and I didn’t kiss back but I enjoyed his lips on mine. When he pulled away he looked me in  eyes. I was to shocked to say anything or even do anything. He stepped back a bit and he smiled

“ Shocked?” he laughed I just nodded my head before I could speak someone opened the back door

“ Hey there you are” josh slurred he was wasted again he smiled at me and max and guilt took over .

“ You guys make up?” he asked walked over to us he wrapped one arm around me

“ yea we are good now” max answered

“Come on LETS PARTY” josh yelled. All three of us went back into the house.