14

»Three days later«  

       Jungkook and I sat together on the airplane ride back from Jeju Island, and we made sure to sit behind the row that their manager was in so he wouldn't see us holding hands and become suspicious. The only people who know about our relationship so far was the other members of BTS, and thankfully they have shown full support of it so far. We just aren't sure how their manager would react to it, so we plan on keeping it secret from others for a little while, at least until things seem settled down. We also don't want to let it out to the public that all of a sudden the Golden Maknae has a girlfriend. Yet the public has already caught eye of us, obviously on our first date.

       I took out my ear buds and turned off my music, stretching in the small space that airplane seats allow. Being short is sometimes a good thing because I usually have a lot of space on airplanes compared to other people. I felt kind of bad for Jungkook as I looked at him sitting uncomfortably in the cramped middle seat, still sleeping peacefully despite the screaming child a few rows away and the growing chatter of people as the pilot came on the speaker announcing our arrival soon. He must be super tired to be that deep in sleep, but it's understandable since they had a busy schedule throughout our stay at Jeju Island. Now I just need to wake him up, which I really would hate to do but the plane is about to land.

"Jungkook, wake up." I poked his cheek playfully, unsure of how else to wake him up. He didn't move an inch so I poked him again, "Kookie, wake up.The plane will land soon." I said as I continued the poking.

He groaned and grabbed my finger to stop the assault, making me laugh, "Meomchuda, I want to sleep more." He whined while still holding my finger so I wouldn't do it anymore.

"If I give you a kiss, then will you wake up?" I asked while he held my whole hand.

He peeked open one eye "Where?" he smirked.

I pulled my hand away and crossed my arms, "You will never know, or ever get one if you don't wake up."

He playfully groaned but sat up and stretched in his seat, "Fine, I will get-"

I cut him off by quickly kissing his cheek and then immediately hiding behind my hands because of embarrassment, "Ahem, watch the PDA children." Jin said, who was sitting next to Jungkook in the isle seat.

This made me feel even more embarrassed, "That was as sweet as honey." Jungkook sang in my ear, and I playfully hit his arm.

       The plane eventually landed, and we slowly waited for our turn to get off the plane. Jinyoung warned us of a large crowd of fans waiting for BTS to get off the plane and we all prepared for it. I could tell that Jungkook wanted to hold my hand, but I stopped him since we agreed to try not to be seen in the public eye yet. He seemed worried about me, but I reassured him by grabbing onto the back of Taehyung's backpack so I wouldn't get lost from the group. I'm sure if I'm seen with several different members of BTS, then the public won't suspect as much about Jungkook being in a relationship. Taehyung smiled at me and then looked to Jungkook reassuringly, silently communicating that he won't let anything happen to me.

"Okay, let's head out everyone!" Jinyoung smiled and started walking ahead of everyone, leading the small group of us.

       Right as BTS got into the line of sight of the fans, the crowd started yelling and screaming to get their attention. They started to surround us, and I gripped Tae's backpack even tighter, feeling slightly claustrophobic from the closeness of the crowd.

"Isn't that the girl that was seen with Jungkook?"

"Yeah, but now she is with Taehyung!"

"But who is she?"

"I think someone said she is their makeup artist."

       I heard fans talking about me as we passed by them, so I ducked my head so no one could see my face. Of course fans would probably be wondering who I am because of a news article that came out the next day after me and Jungkook's date. I wasn't paying attention as some fan stuck their foot out, causing me to trip. Wow, this is the second time I have tripped while walking through a crowd, just my luck.

"Ouch..." I had landed on my wrists and one of them started to hurt a little bit.

Jungkook rushed over to me and bent down, "Mi-Cha! Are you okay?" he gently grabbed my wrists and examined them.

I cringed a little when he touched a particular spot, "Ah! That's a little sore."

"Oppa! Did you get hurt?"

"Oppa, what happened?!"

Some fans started yelling when they noticed Jungkook bent down, "Mi-Cha, what happened?" Taehyung and Jimin noticed that I was on the ground and also came over to me.

I was getting worried because a small pocket opened up around us, and I didn't want any attention on me. I was never used to it because I was never much of a social butterfly my whole life, "Uh, I'm okay. can we keep going?" I looked down at the floor shyly.

"Mi-Cha, are you sure you're okay? I don't want to injure you anymore. And we should probably get your wrists checked." Jungkook worried over me.

I shook my head, "We can do that later. I just want to leave... please." I looked up and noticed the crowd had gone almost completely silent, all staring at me and Jungkook. This is something that I dreaded the most. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself so I wouldn't cause a scene and have a panic attack.

Jungkook sighed, but didn't protest knowing what could happen if we were seen interacting anymore than this, "Here." He offered me his arm and I hooked mine through it, him pulling me off the floor quickly but carefully.

       As soon as I was up I quickly grabbed my bag off the floor and we were moving again, the crowd of fans back to its normal self. Thank God they didn't seem to make a big deal of their beloved Jungkook touching some random girl who they have no idea who she is. After all, I'm just some nameless girl who just so happens to be with BTS half of the time.

»A few hours later«  

       I plopped down into the couch in one of the BigHit practice rooms, waiting for Jungkook to come back from changing. We have the rest of the day off and so me and Jungkook wanted to have a "dance date", as cheesy as it sounds. but both of us love dancing, so why not? The one thing I was worried about is my doctor said she would be calling me today.... with possible test results. Yes, I had finally gotten tested for certain heart conditions after suffering for so many years. I dreaded having to be tested because I feared the worst, and it most likely will be the worst since I have waited for so long. I just don't know how it will affect how I go on with living... will I have to completely ditch some of the things that I do on a daily basis?

Everything kept running through my head, and then it came. My phone rang thoughout the silent practice room. I shakily picked it up and answered, "Yoboseo?"

"Hello Mi-Cha." The familiar voice of my doctor answered on the other line.

"H-hello doctor. Please... I've been waiting for this all day." I released the breath that I was holding in, closing my eyes and waiting for life changing news.

"Mi-Cha, please know that whatever it is, I will be here for whatever help you need..." She trailed off and I could tell she was about to rip a hole through me without even knowing what her words would do to me, "Mi-Cha... it came back positive."

I put my hand over my mouth to hold back the sob that was about to take me over "O-okay... thank you Y-yuna." I felt a hot tear slip down my face and I furiously wiped it away. I can't let Jungkook see me cry. I quickly hung up when I heard his foot steps outside of the door. I took a deep breath as he poked his head through...

"Are you ready to dance?" He asked while flashing a million dollar smile.

I smiled back, holding in the pain of knowing very well that this could possibly be the last time I will be able to dance.