25

"Where are we now?" I asked as Jungkook held his hands over my eyes, walking closely behind me so I wouldn't trip and fall.

"I can't tell you, only show you..." He took his hands away from my eyes and I blinked a few times, the bright orange sunset appearing in my vision which took a few seconds to adjust.

"Wow..." I sucked in a surprised breath of air as I gazed at the beautiful view in front of me. Jungkook had taken me to Seokchon Lake at Lotte World, and the cherry blossom trees were almost in full bloom.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook wrung his hands together nervously while looking at me.

I almost couldn't take my eyes away from the sight of it, but I managed to tear them away and jump on Jungkook in as big of a hug as I could manage, "I love it! It is so beautiful!"

Jungkook chuckled and I could feel his chest rumble with it, "I thought you would love it. If you didn't, then I would be pretty disappointed."

I smiled, "You sure know all of the romantic spots. It is almost like something cheesy that would be seen in a Korean drama. What would make it even cheesier, would be a ride in a canoe or something." I laughed a little bit.

"Well then I'm making this whole date more cheesy, because that is exactly what I intended to do. If you'll look over there, you will see a nice little row boat waiting for us." He pointed to a small dock not too far from us, and I saw the row boat sitting in the glassy water.

I smiled and laughed at the idea of it. It really was a Korean drama moment, only it's happening right now. "Should we go?" Jungkook held out his hand to me and I took it, following him to the dock.

       The dock was smaller and not connected to the other docks where people were renting boats. I held my laughter as Jungkook almost fell while getting into the boat, steadying himself once he had gotten in. He then smiled up at me and held out his hand to help me while his other hand held onto the dock so the boat wouldn't drift away. I sat down steadily while Jungkook untied us from the dock, then sitting down while gripping the oars.

"You ready?" He looked up.

I nodded and smiled, "Ready!"

       Jungkook started rowing and I looked around at all of the cherry blossoms. They look beautiful when they are solitary, but are breath taking when the petals start to fall. They are so close to full bloom, and I'm so happy that he took me here.

"What's on your mind?" Jungkook spoke up.

I looked at him. We are facing each other in the boat as he rows backwards, "I'm just admiring the beauty." I smiled.

He wiggled his eyebrows, "Thank you."

"No, oppa! You know what I mean!" I leaned forward and lightly slapped his chest while laughing with him.

"Fine, I'll be quiet now." He stopped laughing and continued rowing while looking around.

       I noticed some people looking and pointing at us, and some people snapped pictures. But it wasn't much of a problem since there are mostly couples on the small lake. I also saw a couple of families who had rented boats, and one family was laughing as the father held onto their child that was reaching into the water curiously. Suddenly memories came flooding into my head. Memories of my childhood.

       My father reached out for me as I remember falling backwards. The image became blurry and the yelling voices became muffled, as if I had fallen into water. I remember now. I had almost drowned when I was little. The panic and claustrophobia set in suddenly, remembering the long struggle I had while my father jumped into the water after me, while I sunk further into the water. I had only wanted to look at the water, but my father told me to wait until he could make sure I wouldn't fall in. But of course my curious hands could not wait. I tried sucking in air, but instead water infested my lungs that would only accept oxygen.

"Mi-Cha! Are you okay? Speak to me baby!" The memory disappeared with one last blurry look at my father.

My breathing was erratic, and my chest pain had appeared, "H-help..." I tried to say, only it came out in more of a breath.

"Baby, what's wrong?! Are you feeling any pain? Someone is calling an ambulance, okay?" Jungkook frantically held onto my hand, gently stroking back hair that was in my face.

       I looked around, my vision was too blurry to see very far. I could only tell that I had ended up on the floor of the boat, being held closely by Jungkook. That memory had triggered a panic attack and I was having trouble breathing, as if I was still stuck in the water.

"It... hurts." I held my chest, feeling my heart thump painfully in my chest. I had never had this severe of pain in my chest, especially during a panic attack.

"Just hold on baby. Help is coming, okay?" His expression was panicked as he squeezed my hand.

"I c-can't...breathe," I tried sucking in more air, but it felt like my throat had almost completely closed, only allowing me to take breathes as if I was breathing through a straw, "s-sit me u-up."

"Are you sure?" Jungkook looked helpless, no idea what was right to help me through this.

       I nodded and he sat me up, allowing a bit more air to fill my lungs, but not much. Jungkook rested my almost limp body against his chest and tilted my head back so that I could possibly get any more air. I noticed that another boat had come to help tow us back to the dock. There was a crowd of people that had gathered, all wondering what was happening to the kpop star and his girlfriend. The ambulance had also come, making me wonder how long my episode had lasted. I must have blacked out at some point, but it still felt like the panic attack was still happening because of the pain in my chest and my struggle to breathe.

       A group of EMTs helped Jungkook get me out of the boat and onto a stretcher, immediately loading me into the ambulance. The crowd had gotten loud, trying to get Jungkook's attention as he climbed into the ambulance with me, immediately grabbing my hand again as an oxygen mask was slipped onto my face, immediately giving me relief for my next breath.

My eyes fluttered, suddenly feeling heavy, "I want to sleep."

Jungkook squeezed my hand, "No baby, you can't go to sleep. I need you to look at me. Keep your beautiful eyes open, it's not a far ride."

A light was momentarily shined in both of my eyes, blinding me for a second as the EMT checked over me, "Miss, I need you to stay awake. You are too unstable right now. If you fall asleep, then your breathing and heart rate would slow down to a dangerous level."

I nodded, trying my hardest to keep my eyes open, "C-can you sing, oppa? Sing to me please? I need something to distract me."

I looked at Jungkook, his expression softening at my request and whispering to me, "Of course, Mi-Cha."

       Jungkook's sweet and soft voice filled the back of the ambulance as we rode towards the hospital. This might seem like an anticlimactic panic attack episode. But deep down I knew that this could be a fatal episode for me. It looks like I just need to go to the hospital to get calmed down and get my breathing under control, but it is much more. I just don't want Jungkook to know.