7

Chapter 7: Boost up
Song^: One step at a time by Jordin Sparks

Riri P.O.V coz why not?

"So how was bungee jumping with Zeke?" My friend Jane asked me.

"It was fun of course." I grinned widely. She laughed and looked at me teasingly.

"Of course it was fun, you did it with your crush." She teased.

"He is not my crush." I blushed.

"Love?" She put her hand on her chest being dramatic. "No!" My voice cracked.

"Liar." She rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter." I frowned. "He likes Nicole." I muttered.

"Nicole?! That loser?! What is he trying to get himself into?!" Jane couldn't believe it. "There must have been a misunderstanding." She's trying to convince herself that.

"I saw it with my own eyes." My eyes started to get teary. "I saw how his eyes sparkle whenever he sees or hears about Nicole. He even want Nicole to give him a bl- uhh umm a BJ." I muttered. "A blow job?" She asked. "Yeah." I pouted. "You can do so much better than that loser." She said. "I don't even know how to do that." I hid my face. "You just put his di-" someone cut her off.

"Riri!" Zeke hollered. I looked up at him trying to get rid of the sadness on my face. "Hey." My voice cracked. Dang it, voice! He looked at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"The question is are you okay? Are you out of your mind Zeke?!" Jane screamed at him.

"What are you screaming for?" Zeke looked at Jane confusingly. "Nothing." I answered for Jane. "Jane apologize." I looked at Jane pleadingly. She looked at me. "I'm sorry Zeke."

"It's okay." He mumbled still confused. He looked at me. "I was going to ask you-" "out?" I cut him off on reflex. "What?" He looks frustrated. "Nothing." My voice cracked.

"It's obviously something! Why can't you just tell me what's wrong? Why are you girls are so hard to understand?!" He screamed. I let out a sob and squeak. He noticed then tried to calm himself down.

"Look, I'm just here to ask you to run for secretary for Nicole's party list." He told me.

"Zeke I told you I'm incapable of-" he cut me off.
"Just do it please!" He begged me. "As much as I want to for you. I can't." "Why not?!" He whined. "Nicole-" "What does Nicole has to do with this?!" He whined. "Dude let her talk." Jane screamed at him. Zeke just rolled his eyes.

"Is it because she's not popular like you? Huh? You think she's a loser?! You think you're all better than her?! I've always thought your different from your friends but I was wrong you're all the same!" He screamed.

"It's not that, it's just. I- I can't. I'm scared, okay? I'm not- I'm hurt and insecure and sensitive. I never thought that way." I'm trying hard to form a sentence. I can't hold it in anymore. I cried. I cried hard. Jane just looked at me with sympathy.

"Riri look at me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean all that. I was just- I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"I'll run for secretary. I really care about you so I'm gonna do it. For you." Tears still pouring down my face.

"I really care about you too." He said with regret in his eyes and voice.

"Screaming at me isn't a way to show that you do." I said then ran to the girl's restroom with Jane following me from behind.

-----------------------------------------------------

In the restroom, after I cried everything out. I fix my make up while Jane still comforts me.
"Boost up, buttercup." That made me smile. "I'm gonna need those cuddles, bubbles." I hugged her.

"You're really gonna run for the position?" She asked for confirmation. "Yes I am." I answered.
"I'm gonna talk to Nicole even if it hurts me." I forced out a smile. "How do I look?" I asked her. "Better. Still puffy eyed though." She said.

"Let's go." We went out the restroom and head to class. Good still two minutes to spare. I have the class with Nicole. Awesome. Please note the sarcasm.

After class I approached her. "Hey" she glanced at me then smiled. "Sup?" "I'm running for secretary." I told her. "You are?! That's amazing! I'll tell the others and we'll have a
meeting after school. I got a permission from the principal that we could stay for a while to have a meeting." She babbled. "Great." I said.