13

Chapter 13: Sorry
Song^: Sometimes by Britney Spears

Zeke P.O.V

Serenading Nicole was a success! Though she wants me to make up with Rihanna through a song too. I don't want to do that to Rihanna because I don't want Nicole to feel that I can sing to anyone I want. I sang to Nicole because I love her. Don't get me wrong, I love Rihanna too but I'm not in love with her. Besides she has Noel now.

So I'm figuring out a different way to approach Rihanna. What does Rihanna like again? Hmm. She likes to cuddle! But I can't cuddle her, Noel may get the wrong idea and beat me up for it. She likes candies too. Oh I know!

I went to a store that sells stuff toys. I'm gonna buy Rihanna a teddy bear that has a shirt pocket so I can put some gummy bears there. I also bought a balloon with "I'm sorry" on it.

I look at everything and start to doubt it. Is this enough for her forgiveness? I know I can't buy forgiveness and I know that Rihanna isn't materialsitic but this is all I came up with. I don't know how she'll think of all this.

Well it wouldn't hurt to try right? Oh who am I kidding of course it would hurt! Most likely if it'll end up as a total failure. I already embarrassed myself a lot of times, I should get used to it by now.

Well it's now or never. Maybe later. Maybe soon. Oh hell, I'm doing it now. On second thought, I'll just do it at school tomorrow morning. I can put my peace offering in her locker. Besides I know the combination of her locker.

--------------------------------------------------

Well today's the day! I'm freaking nervous. I'm not sure how it will end up. I'm hiding across the hall, waiting for her to arrive.

Minutes later, I saw her and Marge walking towards their locker. Is it a good thing that Noel isn't with her? Noel may get suspicious on why Rihanna received a gift from me.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot, can I borrow your guitar? I need it for music class. Our teacher wants us to play an instrument." I heard Rihanna told Marge.

Oh shoot! Marge's guitar is at home. I forgot to bring it. Why am I so forgetful?

"Zeke still has my guitar." Marge said uneasily.

"Why would he have your guitar?" Rihanna asked.

Marge was about to answer but she saw Rihanna's locker.

"There's a balloon taped to your locker." Marge pointed to Rihanna's locker.

"What do you mea-- oh my that's so cute. There's a lot of teddies on it!" Rihanna squealed which made me smile.

"What does it say?" Marge asked.

Rihanna looked closely. "It says I'm sorry. Do you think it's from Zeke?" She asked.

"Well it probably wont be Noel because he got nothing to apologize for so I guess it is from Zeke." Marge answered. Rihanna took the balloon and examined it. She opened her locker and saw the teddy bear.

"Oh my gosh, Marge there's more!" She jumped excitedly.

When they both have their backs on me, I hurrily walked over to them and covered Rihanna's eyes.

"Guess who, baby boo." I whispered.

"Hehe.. that rhymed." She giggled.

She took off my hands and looked at me.

"Zeke..." She bit her lower lip shyly.

"Riri.. I want to apologize for everything. For the pain that I caused you. For being a jerk. For being insensitive. For disrespecting and shouting at you. I'm truly sorry. I didn't know how to approach you because I'm too embarrassed to show myself to you for everything I've done. I hope you can forgive me." Tears inevitably formed in my eyes.

"Oh no! Don't cry! Of course I'll forgive you! I love you too much!" She said and jumped to my arms.

"I love you more!" I said and kissed her on her forehead.

"As a what?" She looked up at me.

"Huh?" I looked at her with a confused look.

"You love me as a what?" She asked me.

"Riri.. you and Noel." I started but she cut me off.

"I couldn't be with Noel. I admit he can make me happy. He made me feel stuff but my heart still beats for you. It wouldn't be fair to be with him when I'm still in love with you." She said.

"Oh Riri.. I don't know what to say." I said. Marge noticed that I can't form any words wo she brought up a topic.

"Oh yeah where's my guitar?" Jane asked me.

"It's at home I forgot to bring it." I said.

"Why did you borrow it?" Rihanna butt in.

Oh no. "Umm I... uhh." Words didn't leave my mouth.

"For Nicole huh?" She looked down. I just nodded. "Did you give her a teddy bear too?"she asked. "No." I answered. "Good" she smiled widely.

Now I'm forever grateful that I didn't serenade her.

----------------------------------------------------

Weekend came by and I went to meet Nicole at a restaurant. "Maybe we should keep us a secret." She said.

Wow. What a good sentence to start the date. Kudos to you Nicole.