21

Chapter 21: Suspicions

Zeke P.O.V

"Who could possibly did that to Robert?" Rihanna paced back and forth in my room. I took a deep sigh because I have these thoughts that lead suspect to Noel. Noel was my best friend. He's not like that. Or maybe I just don't fully know him. I looked back to Rihanna who is still pacing. My eyes then glued to the wall she painted. Pretty Riri was here. Remembering the day we're painting my room caused a smile to form on my face. "Zeke! Robert had a fight with someone and they're you go zoning out and smiling like a fool?!" she screamed at me slightly. I didn't say anything. I just stared at her. "You're thinking about Nicole, aren't you?" she tried to let out a smile. "I knew that you are because the look you're doing now is the look you have whenever you're with Nicole. Do you miss her?" she continued. "I wasn't thinking about her." I shook my head still smiling. "I was thinking about you." I confessed which caused her to blush. "Zeke, can I kiss you?" she asked me. I didn't answer her question. "Just on the cheek, please?" she pleaded. I nodded. "Come here" I patted my lap gesturing her to sit on it. She complied and pressed a long gentle kiss on my cheek. "I love you, Zeke." she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you more." I kissed her forehead.

She stayed over for dinner, since I don't have a skill for cooking, she cooked for the both of us. Are you guys curious about who cooks for me whenever I don't have a friend over? I mostly order food or buy take outs but sometimes, my step sister comes over to check up on me. Yeah I have a step sister. My father impregnated my mom but he already has a family. My father obviously stayed with my step mother. My mom's okay with it though. My mom goes out with other men. My step mother and my step sister were welcoming. They forgave my father for what he had done, welcomed and accepted me wholeheartedly. However, my real mom doesn't really care that much. She cares but not a lot. That's why I liked the attention given me at school before. But when I fell in love with Nicole, I lost it. I don't regret falling for her but I do miss and crave the attention that was given to me before.

"What's on your mind?" Rihanna asked me while setting the food on the dinner table. "Nothing." I shook my head. "The food looks great." I commented. She grinned widely "Thanks." she sat down next to me. "I should be the one thanking you." I said. "Zeke, you know I'd cook for you as long as I can." she said sincerely. "You're so sweet, Riri." I told her. "Am I wife material now?" she asked jokingly. "Yeah." I smiled. "Yours?" she said which I didn't understand. "Huh?" I looked at her with a confused expression. "Nothing, nothing. Let's eat." she said softly.

She slept over at my place but for now, she has clothes of her own. I kinda miss seeing her in my clothes but at least, I got her in my bed. That sounded so wrong. Oh well.

Morning came by she got ready first. When we were in school I didn't see Nicole and Robert. Nicole missed a day in school? That can't be right. She has a perfect attendance. Something must have happened. First Robert, then Nicole? No way. I won't let anyone touch Nicole. Over my dead body. I now think that I should talk to my suspect. Noel.

"Hey." I approached him at the court. He just finished playing basketball with his friends. He looked at me warily "sup?" he grabbed a small towel and wiped his sweat. "Robert was beat up. I wanna know who did to him so I can do the same thing to him. Want to help me?" I asked him intimidatingly. He didn't respond sooner. He was studying my face if I was serious. "I'm not close with Robert so why should I help you?" he turned away. "I think I may be right with my assumption." I said. He looked back at me. "What's your assumption." he asked trying to look calm but I saw how he swallowed lightly. He's scared of me, I knew it. He knew what I'm capable of. "I have a suspect but forget about it. Have you seen Nicole?" I asked him. "I have no idea." he grabbed his stuff and walked away.

Oh Noey, why you look so guilty? Yuck. I can't believe I just called him Noey. That's Rihanna's nickname for him. You're hiding something Noel but not how Robert and Nicole were hiding.