19

Chapter 19: Try

Zeke P.O.V

I rang Rihanna's doorbell so many times and she hasn't come down yet. Is she avoiding me? I wouldn't blame her. I also tried calling her but she's not answering. I can't miss this chance! I don't her being upset for a long time. Why do I keep hurting her? Maybe I should just stay away from her. Maybe it's really for the best.

"Zeke? What are you doing here?" Rihanna approached me after she got off of a motorcycle. Wait a second! I know that motorcycle! It's Noel's. "I came here to talk to you." I told her not looking away from Noel. He took off is helmet and smirked at me. "Noel? uhm, thank you but you can go now." Rihanna told Noel. Noel's smirk turned into a scowl. Haha. "Okay, can I get a kiss goodbye?" he asked while trying to look cute. Rihanna looked at me for a split second and shook her head. That made Noel furious. "Why not? Zeke kissed and flirted with Nicole." He used that as an excuse to get a kiss. Rihanna still disagreed with him. "That doesn't mean I have to do it too. I love-" Noel cut her off. "I know you love Zeke and you're so stupid for that!" Rihanna gave her a pained expression so his face softened. "I'm sorry baby girl." he apologized and Rihanna just gave him an assuring smile. "So you wanna come in?" she looked at me hopefully. I just nodded. I'm still embarrassed and guilty for what I did.

"Are you gonna make me stay away from you?" Rihanna asked then covered her face with her hands. "Don't cry." I sat down beside her and lean her head on my shoulder. "You wanna stay away, don't you? Are you here to say goodbye? because I don't want that but if that's what you're going to do then just get it over with please." she said sniffling a bit. "There will never be a goodbye for us. I'm here to apologize." I chuckled bitterly. "I've been hurting you many times now and I always apologize but you forgive me so easily. I'm such a jerk." I said holding back my tears. "Because I love you. I'll never get tired of loving and forgiving you." she said holding my hand. "Don't you ever think that you love me so much that it causes you so much pain?" I asked her. "What's love without pain?" Rihanna bit her lip. "How come you thought that I want you to stay away from me? Why did you think that's what I want?" I asked her. "People have been telling me to stay away from you." she confessed. "Me too, the other way around though." I admitted. "We're not doing that right?" she asked me nervously. "Never, Riri. Never." she smiled then let out a deep sigh and she grabbed my face. She leaned in but stopped. Tears started to stream out of her eyes. "I want to kiss you so badly.. but I want our first kiss to be special. I love you, Zeke. Don't I get a chance to be with you? I mean.. I know you love Nicole but maybe try me? just for a little time? I don't know like a month or something? I'll definitely cherish that time being." she whimpered. "Riri, I can't." I held her hand tightly. "Please!" she cried out. "I'll do anything, I promise. Give me a month or so. After that I'll leave you alone." she pleaded. "I thought we're not gonna stay away from each other?" I looked at her. She didn't say anything else. She just hugged me and cried. What do I do?

Minutes later she fell asleep in my arms. I carried her to her room. I left a note saying "I went home. I'm so sorry. Goodnight. I may not be in love with you, Riri but I love you so much that it breaks my heart rejecting your love. I will never leave you, promise you won't too. Love, Zeke." I put it beside her lamp, next to our framed picture. She really loves me. I took the picture and looked at it longingly. We act so sweet to each other before, now what happened? I put it back where I took it and stared at Rihanna. She was hugging the teddy bear I gave her. How can I stop hurting her? Maybe I should try being with her like she said but after that she'll leave me alone. I don't want that to happen. Why do I have to fall for Nicole while I have this amazing girl all this time? Love sucks.