12

Chapter 12: Singer
Song^: This town by Niall Horan

Zeke P.O.V

I lost my best friend. I lost Noel and I lost Rihanna. I lost my popularity and I lost my friends. And what did I gain? Nothing. My life's going great as you can tell.

I still didn't get a response from Nicole about going on a real date with me. I hope she'll say yes. That would make me feel a little better from all that has happened.

"Zeke?" A soft voice called out.

"Riri?" I looked behind hoping to see Riri. It's Marge. Come on. I don't have time for this.

"Riri huh? What happened to Nicole? Want to see Riri?" Marge crossed her arms.

"I just miss her that's all." I shrugged.

"Well too bad. She's in the arms of someone else. Someone who'll take care of her and respect her feelings." She said.

"Are they officially together?" I asked.

"I don't think so but they soon probably will. Noel's really into her. He's a different person when it comes to Riri. I should have know from the start." She said.

"Hey.. I'm sorry about the coffee shop scene. I truly am. To make it up to you, I could help you to win her heart." She offered.

"You? Of all the people, my ex is willing to help me win an other girl's heart?" I laughed. I looked at her and she's serious. "How do you know you could help me?" I eyed her.

"Well for starters, I'm a girl. I know how girls want to be treated." She confidently answered.

"But she's not like any other girl." I said. Marge sighed and looked at me.
"Girls will always be girls. Trust me on this." She practically begged.

"Fine." I agreed.

-------------------------------------------

After school:

"What do you mean serenade her?!" I screamed at Marge. "I don't have a good voice! I don't really sing." I continued.

She rolled her eyes aggravatingly.

"Girls like it when guys sing for them whether they have a good voice or not." She said.

"Really?" I asked her still not believing it. "Yes" she nodded.

"Are you really helping me or trying to make me make a fool of myself?" I start to get suspicious.

"Oh for goodness sake ask a girl about my idea to see for yourself." She grumbled.

"Oh I will." I said. I looked around me to find a girl that I could asked the question to. And I saw Jane. I hope that she doesn't hate me for breaking her friend's heart. Oh who I'm kidding she probably already murdered me in her brain.

"Jane!" Marge called her before I can.
"What? You took too long." She rolled her eyes.

"What's up, Marge?" She smiled at Marge. Jane looked at me and her smile turned to a scowl. "Jerk."

I was expecting that so I really didn't get offended and also because it's true.

"How would a girl feel if a guy sings to them even they don't have a great singing voice?" I asked Jane.

"Aww that'd be sweet. The girl will be flattered. Just think about it, the guy's singing to you even he knows for himself that he's not good just to woo her. The girl will appreciate his effort." Jane said.

I looked at Marge and she's wearing a conceited smile. "Thanks Jane." I thanked her. "You're welcome. And jerk?" She said. "What?" I asked her. "Apologize to Rihanna." She said while giving me a small hurt smile then walked away.

---------------------------------------------

Marge lend me her guitar to use to serenade Nicole. And wanna know what color it is? Pink. Freaking pink.

I knocked at her door, anxiously waiting for her.

"Oh.. Zeke. I wasn't expecting you." She smiled. Her eyes fall down to the guitar. "Cute guitar." She giggled. "Not as cute as you though." I said.

"I wanna sing you a song." I said and she took me to her room. "Nice room." I complimented it. It was just a simple room. "Thanks." She thanked me.

I started strumming then sang to her "heart vacancy" by the wanted.

I hear your heart cry for love.....

In your heart, in your heart.....I can tell you could fit one more

In your heart, in your heart... I don't care who was there before

If loneliness would move out I'd fill the vacancy in your heart...

"That was beautiful." She commented and kissed me in the cheek. "You liked that?" I asked her. "Very. I didn't know you could sing." She said. "Me neither." I laughed. "An athlete, a singer. What more could you ask for?" She joked.

"So how about that date?" I brought up.
"This weekend?" She asked.
"Yes." I answered calmly but inside I'm exploding. "Sure. If... you make up with Rihanna." She said with a concerned look. "Okay." I agreed. "Maybe you could sing to her too. She would like that. I liked that." She said.

Sing to her huh....