2

"Zen." Seven, the redhead said, flicking a flashlight on and off in the direction of Zen's face.

"God. What is wrong with you?" Zen replied, squinting and confused. "Why are you in my house?"

"You don't remember our plans?" Seven said, pretending to be disappointed. "And I thought I was your best friend."

Zen sat up, dazed, in his bed, wondering what he had possibly planned. Seven sat on the edge of Zen's bed with the flashlight, waiting for a response to his fake sadness. Zen rubbed his eyes, trying to think of anything he had agreed to do with Seven.

"The diner thing?" Zen said, after a quiet pause.

Taken by slight surprise, Seven adjusted his glasses. "Uhh. No? Did we plan something at a diner?"

Then Zen remembered, the diner was in his dream! Why did he have to mention that?

Having a best friend like Seven is quite a pain. Being a retired hacker and all, he was awfully nosy. Perhaps he missed his hacker days, but he tended to ask too much about everything. Talking one-on-one with Seven is just a challenge. He starts to ask weirdly specific questions about your personal life, then blows it hugely out of proportion. That one lady you thought was cute? Now she's your wife with in-law drama! That stray cat hair in your living room under your TV stand that only got there because Jaehee was visiting after taking care of Elizabeth the Third? Now you're secretly a cat lover, hiding away to your cat hotel during weekends, and pretending to hate cats in order to hide your secret cat hideout!

So what came next was no surprise: "Why did you think we had something at the diner?" Seven asked, laying down in Zen's bed as Zen got up. "Were you! Fantasizing about me?" Seven asked jokingly, and waving his hands for dramatic effect.

"No. Shut up." Zen said, putting on a white shirt. "So why are you here again?" He said, attempting to change the subject.

"So you were thinking of me!" Seven replied enthusiastically. "Did your fantasy end with a smooch? Is this....true love?" He teased, making a kissy noise with his lips.

"Can you stop being disgusting for one second?" Zen said, waving away the memory of the dream. "Again, why are you here?"

Slightly disappointed that he couldn't continue to make fun of Zen, Seven just replied with his usual nonsensical answer. "I was bored. And you gave me your house key." Seven said, adjusting Zen's pillows to make a sad looking fort. "You're free today though, right?"

"Yeah, it's Sunday." Zen snorted, unsurprisingly comfortable with getting dressed in front of his best friend. "Here, come sit at the table. I'll make some food." Zen said, tapping Seven to get his attention.

"Mhm. Alrighty." Seven replied getting up from his poorly made pillow fort. Seven had come to Zen's house for entertainment, so Seven decided it was only fair to keep going with the 'Zen and Seven fantasy' theme. "So, do you think of me often, or just that one time?"

Zen rolled his eyes. "Seven, I'll be honest. I think of you a lot, but only because you're my best friend." He said, definitely not thinking about how he and Seven were so close in the dream, how he could feel the redhead's warmth and fragileness and-

Seven got up from twiddling his thumbs at the table and stood at the counter, watching Zen almost burn himself on his frying pan. Snickering, Seven said, "I sure put you in a daze huh? No worries, nobody can resist the charm of God Seven!"

Zen scowled at Seven, but softened after looking into his amber eyes. "How funny." He said sarcastically, and continued to make breakfast.

"You keep shutting down my ~fun~ periods of mocking you!" Seven said, faking a hurt tone of voice.

"Don't cry. Yoosung's still alive." Zen replied, relieved that Seven was going to stop making fun of him.

"But Yoosung's has a job now. And I don't. Jaehee is always busy. And Jumin's boring. You guys don't even fight anymore." Seven complained, reminiscing on the epic Jumin versus Zen battles in the chatroom.

"Why did you quit your job anyway?" Zen asked casually.

"Eh. Just didn't want to work there anymore." Seven said, not really wanting to touch on the subject.

"Oh. Alright." Zen responded, wishing he didn't ask such a sensitive question.

"Anyways...." Seven started, walking behind Zen. "You should definitely tell me about your ~fantasy~ now." He said mockingly, wrapping his hands around Zen's waist.

Zen froze up as Seven's hands wrapped around his waist. He felt butterflies, despite the fact that he had rehearsed too many scenes with hands on his waist. Why was it different with Seven's hands? Zen felt safe, but very uncomfortable. Did Seven put his hands there to mock him? Does Seven feel anything for him?

"Haha.." is all Zen could manage. He was flustered. Seven could tell, and milked the situation. "Did I do this in your dreams?" Seven asked, breathing on Zen's clothed back.

"....Stop." Zen said, putting breakfast on china, and pulling out silverware. He secretly liked the feeling of Seven breathing on him, with hands on his waist. Zen restrained himself from possibly encouraging Seven. "You're being weird again, Seven."

"Aw come on, you know you love it." Seven said, tracing the outline of Zen's sides with his hands. Seven really hoped Zen was feeling uncomfortable, because Seven felt increasingly less awkward teasing his friend.

Zen took Seven's hands off of his waist as an attempt to lessen the tension between the two. "Why are you acting so weird today?" Zen said, putting their plates on the table. "You've never done this before."

Seven frowned when Zen took his hands off of his body. This meant mocking and pranking was over for this subject. "I'm just joking with you, alright?" Seven laughed as he stuffed omelette in his mouth.

"Okay. Whatever." Zen said, eating his eggs. "But that was really weird." He said, lying. "Only my last girlfriend did that to me."

"You did that in highschool?" Seven replied, genuinely a little surprised. "A little too young for that, weren't you?"

"Let's never talk about this again." Zen said. Zen glanced at his phone on the table, and noticed the repeated missed calls from MC. "Sorry, I've got to take this."

"It's fine, I was going to leave right now anyways." Seven replied, only slightly salty that Zen was paying attention to another human being.

Zen waved half-heartedly towards Seven, who left Zen alone in his house.