17

Seven pulled clothes off their hangers and off of his floor, rolling them up and stuffing them into his suitcases. He grabbed a few items, but left the replaceable ones to collect dust. Seven sat on his floor in front of his television, sighing as he rummaged through piles of video games. He picked a few important ones and threw the rest into a cardboard box. Grabbing a marker, he scribbled "Yoosung" on the box.

As he took the sheets off of his bed, he found one of Zen's shirts in the midst of blankets. He grabbed the shirt and proceeded to put it on. It still smelled like him. Maybe he should leave a shirt for Zen? Seven took a deep breath. Oh yeah, he almost forgot he was leaving him forever with no explanation. He took out a few of his favorite clothes and threw them into a box, writing "Zen" on the sides. Seven scrambled around his room until he finally found a notebook. Inside were spreads of him and Zen, stickers used to accent the themes and paragraphs in the free spaces describing what they did together. This particular notebook covered the first few months of their relationship. He hugged the book, putting it in the "Zen" box.

Vanderwood knocked on the open door and just stood in the doorway as Seven seemed to be staring sadly at the box. "707, I need you to hurry up. Your flight leaves in an hour, and you still gotta pass through security." He said, patting Seven on the back, trying really hard to be comforting. "I disabled your computer and equipment for you, you just need to finish up packing and we can go."

Seven turned around, "Thanks Vandy." He wiped his face with his arm. "Can I go to the airport alone though?"

Vanderwood sighed. "Why? Don't you like me?" He laughed to himself even though it wasn't that funny. "You know what, sure. Don't bring anyone with you though, nobody you know should see you leave." He hit Seven on the back and left the room.

Seven finished up packing and half-heartedly shoved his luggage into his trunk. He sat in the driver's seat, pretty mentally unprepared to go start an entire new life in America on such short notice. Seven stalled turning on the car, trying not to cry about just leaving Zen and never speaking to him again. He sniffled a little, laying on his steering wheel but also trying to keep it from honking. Unfortunately, Vanderwood had found a new hobby: tapping on windows! Vanderwood gestured to turn the ignition on the car. Instead, Seven rolled down his window, "Hey, thanks for putting everything together for me Vandy." he said.

"I'll miss you agent, we had a good run." Vanderwood said, saluting Seven. Seven reached out and hugged Vandy through his car window. "See me again soon, okay?" Seven said, smiling, knowing it probably could never happen. Vanderwood nodded, waving Seven off.

Seven started his car, waving, then backing out of his garage. He paused, taking in the last moment of having his life somewhat together. In this moment, he saw Zen standing on the sidewalk holding a bag of presumably fish bread. Zen looked surprised, and began to walk up to Seven's car.

"Where are you going?" Zen yelled from across the street.

"I'm sorry." Seven yelled back, closing his windows and stepping on the gas.

"Wait!" Zen screamed, running after Seven's car. Zen's almost inhuman stamina from spending hours on end working out and practicing came in handy as he chased Seven's car. He ran after the bright yellow car in the dead of night, almost catching up at red lights, and just generally screaming.

During a stoplight, Zen spotted a bike without a chain leaning against a wall. He took the opportunity and grabbed the bike, catching up to Seven's window.

Seven rolled down his window just enough for sound to travel through, but not enough to stick a hand in. "Why are you still following me?" Seven yelled through the window.

"Why are you heading towards the airport?" Zen yelled in reply, taking biking to the next level as the light turned green and Seven sped away.

Zen panted as he rode a children's bicycle after his boyfriend, taking in the cold air, which made his throat hurt. Seven squinted, still seeing Zen riding a bike in his rearview mirror. He gave up, waiting for a yelling match as he pulled into the airport parking lot.

Seven opened up his door and got out of his car, watching Zen aggressively ride a small bike towards his parking space.

Zen got off the bicycle, wobbling as he nearly collapsed on the spot from all of the energy he had just used up. "Why are you here?" He managed, hyperventilating.

Seven twirled his keys in his hand. "I'm leaving." He said, after a long pause just filled with Zen's breathing.

Zen threw his hands up in exasperation. "To where?" He said, "For how long? Why didn't you tell me?"

Seven shifted his eyes, opening his trunk. "I didn't think it was that important." He pulled out the suitcases from his trunk. "I'm going to the United States."

Zen's eyes widened. "For how long?"
Seven began to roll his suitcases. "I don't know." He started walking towards the elevator of the parking garage.

"What do you mean you don't know? How can you not know? When is the return date for your ticket?" Zen asked, getting frustrated.

"It's a one way ticket." Seven replied, stopping. He let go of his luggage and reached up towards Zen, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Goodbye, please take care of my babies." Seven tossed Zen his keys and took his luggage again, running into the elevator and smashing the "close door" button.

"What?" Zen stood in the parking lot, trying to process what just happened. He looked at the keys and clenched his fist around them. Zen put them in his pocket and began to run up the nearest stairwell.