15

"Well, why are you here, agent?" Vanderwood countered, looking Seven and Zen up and down. "Getting frisky?"

Seven cracked a weak smile, glancing over at Zen, who was sheepishly rubbing his neck.

Vanderwood gestured for Seven to follow him as he sat down on the porch. Zen followed as well, pulling up a chair. next to Seven. "Not you. Classified information, sorry." Vanderwood said, kicking Zen back into his own house.

Zen walked back inside reluctantly, kind of peeking through the window.

"Why are you still here?" Vanderwood started, "You were supposed to leave last month."

Seven shot him a confused expression. "Leave where?" Vanderwood put his head in his hands.

"You didn't read the letter, did you?" Vanderwood said, taking the coat off of his shoulders and throwing it at Seven. "And put some clothes on. It's distracting and disgusting."

Seven took the coat and put it on. "Distracting?" Seven asked, winking. "Also, what letter?"

"The company sent you a letter about six or seven months ago about your identity change. You can't just get fired and live on here in Korea. You're a danger and a lead for enemy companies to target us." Vanderwood sighed.

"Your mere presence in Korea has led others straight to the company and its files because you did a lazy job of protecting our information and haven't updated it since. Thirteen agents have died because of you."

Seven's eyes widened and he momentarily stopped breathing. "Vandy, you're joking, right?" He said, forcing a laugh.

"I'm not, and if you value your life, you'll do as I say." Vanderwood pulled a paper out of his pocket addressed to Seven.

"Get rid of what you own. Sell it, give it away, I don't care. Everything big and things that have your data in it, your cars, your house, stuff like that."

Seven began to hyperventilate. "Are you serious?" He grabbed his own hair in distress. "I have to get rid of my babies?!"

"Yeah. Don't call them that though. My second piece of advice is to get your paperwork done for an identification change, as well as your immigration papers." Vanderwood took out a folder fat with paper from his briefcase, and handed it to Seven. "I even prepared it for you."

Seven cracked a smile. "I guess you're still my maid after all, Vandy." He skimmed through the first few pages and closed the folder, setting it to the side. "Where am I relocating?"

Vanderwood snorted. "I'm not your maid, I just know you won't do it." He pretended to think for a second. "You like Hollywood, right?"

Seven's eyes lit up a little, making him look like a child trying to stay serious. "Yeah! That's where they film a lot of great American movies. Am I moving there?"

Vanderwood shook his head. "Nope. I relocated you to Los Angeles. I set up an apartment in the outskirts for you to stay in until you get everything settled."

Seven shrugged. "It's pretty close to Hollywood at least. It would be the perfect opportunity for Zen and I-....." Seven cut himself off mid sentence, words deflating.

"So you guys are dating." Vanderwood stated, shaking his head.

"No, we're just really good friends. I'm uh. Staying over for the night!" Seven attempted to save face, but Vanderwood wasn't buying it.

"The rings?"

"Fashion."

"The pet name?"

"He's affectionate?"

"So you're dating?"

"Wanna come to the wedding?"

Vanderwood sighed. "Look, you know an agent isn't supposed to make any sort of relationships, let alone date someone. We gave you leeway with the whole RFA thing, but oh my god." He pinched his nose bridge in disappointment. "You're going to have to break up with him."

"What?! I can't do that?" Seven said, panicking. "Can't I just take him with me?"

"No! That's the entire point of changing your identity! I mean, you could fake your death, but I don't think that's the better option here." Vanderwood rolled his eyes. "How hard could it be? Just tell him you don't love him anymore or whatever, and leave."

"It's too complicated Vandy. He's like. The first guy I've ever loved this much. I can't do that to him!" Seven rocked on the porch chair, frightened about what he would need to do.

"Just get it over with." Vanderwood handed Seven an envelope, his name printed in beautiful calligraphy.

Seven walked inside the house, his feet dragging with every step as he approached Zen. "Jagi, everything alright?" Zen asked, concern in his eyes. 

"I..uh. I need to tell you something." Seven sat down next to Zen, putting his head on the other's shoulder.

Zen held Seven's hands, locking their fingers together. "Seven, you can tell me anything. I love you so much, and I support you!" Zen said, trying to reassure Seven.

Seven winced at the comment, as Zen was just making things more difficult. He never wanted to leave this relationship, he felt so loved, so comforted.

"Um. It's about our relationship." Seven said, his voice cracking.

"Babe, are you okay?" Zen asked as tears began to run down Seven's cheeks. He wiped a few of the tears with his thumb, using his other hand to bring Seven closer for comfort.

Zen made it harder than it needed to be, such a sweet boyfriend, always respectful and knew how to make you feel like one of the most important person in the world. In fact, if you dated him, you were his world, and he'd give up anything and everything for you.

"We need to.." Seven paused, trying to regain his composure to deliver the most important line. The one that would shatter Zen's heart.

He rehearsed the words in his head for a few seconds. We need to break up, he said, in his mind.

He faced Zen, staring into his crimson eyes. "We need to..um..we need to.." Seven's mouth failed him, so he reverted back to his plan B.

"Let's talk about it over dessert?" Seven said, his face becoming confused.

"Um. Sure?" Zen said, smiling in confusion. "When?"

Seven's eyes shuffled from side to side. "How about right now?" He said, voice pitching higher at the end of his sentence.

"Alright. Let me put a shirt on and I'll be right out." Zen went into his room, and Seven put his clothes on before facing Vanderwood again.

"Did you do it? I didn't hear any screaming." Vanderwood said, taking his jacket back from Seven and putting it over his own shoulders again.

"I'm gonna tell him after we get some dessert?" Seven replied.

"Jesus Christ, you're such a dumbass." Vanderwood said, sighing. "You know what, go ahead. As long as it gets done so we can ship you out of here."

Seven shot Vanderwood a thumbs up before linking arms with a happy Zen. Vanderwood watched as the couple walked away, making a mental note to never fall in love.