Prologue

Kongphob was on top of the world. As he and Arthit walked on Rama VIII bridge, the latter shying away from holding hands, Kongphob couldn't help but feel like the luckiest boy on the planet. His sun was finally his.

And, his sun was the cutest, most adorable being on the entire planet.

Arthit's face was red. He was trying to glare at Kongphob but it was terribly half-hearted. The way he pushed Kongphob's hand away and him to the side but if Kongphob moved away a little further, he would shuffle closer. His face was all the while turned away or, downcast. When they hailed a cab and left for home, Arthit sat the farthest from him, almost plastering himself to the door. For a second, Kongphob had thought the older had regretted kissing him and was considering it to be a mistake. Then he had noticed that little smile on his lips and Kongphob's heart had fluttered. His fingers twitched from wanting to reach out for the other but he was going to wait. Arthit from what he was observing was extremely skittish and as such required patience. He didn't need to cross him so soon.

They got out from the cab, Arthit paying the driver. They watched the driver pull the car out from the driveway.

"I'll go now. Goodnight, P'Arthit."

Arthit looked puzzled for a brief moment and then quickly nodded his head. "Goodnight, Kongphob."

Arthit was the first one to turn away. "Hold on, P'Arthit." He looked back.

"Yea?"

A car passed by, honking loudly so Kongphob leaned in, only wanting to be heard clearly and said, "Sleep well, P'Arthit." Arthit's reaction to the sudden closeness - wide eyes, that sudden pink tinge to his cheeks, the way his eyes turned down before he looked up at Kongphob and smiled, his dimples showing was so cute. Kongphob's heart squeezed in happiness.

He himself was dumbstruck and watched the other walk away. He stood in the driveway alone like a love-struck fool.

What have you done to me, P'Arthit? I have fallen in love with you.

Ten minutes later he was standing in his flatlet's balcony staring at the opposite balcony wishing someone with the ability to light up his world to appear there.

Arthit appeared just then with his box of washed clothes, his hair clipped back with that pink hair clip. He wrung each piece of clothing and put them on the clothing line. He stretched his arms in the air, probably letting the knots in the muscles loose and finally noticed Kongphob who was happily watching him.

*

Arthit froze for a second not used to either of them acknowledging the other on the other side. He put the plastic carrier down and turned towards the younger boy.

"What are you staring at?" He asked loudly, to let his words get across.

"Seeing how you do your work so diligently."

Arthit frowned. Is he making fun of me? "Uh huh.. Go back to bed, Kongphob."

"Why, P'Arthit?" He was smirking and Arthit felt a hundred butterflies take flight in his stomach. "Why do you want me to go to bed?" The question was innocent enough. It was just the way the younger boy stressed on the word 'bed'. Arthit felt his cheeks burn. He was grateful that Kongphob wouldn't be able to see his face due to less light in that portion of their buildings. He huffed loudly for the sake of doing something and got back inside his room. He shut the door behind him and laid his forehead against the cool surface of the door.

I kissed him.

Arthit groaned loudly.

  Sleep well, P'Arthit 

Images of him kissing Kongphob, the latter trying to hold his hand kept playing in a loop in his mind and Arthit just wanted to die. How was he going to face Kongphob in the daylight the next day?

Hold on, P'Arthit. I didn't hear your answer clearly. Can I ask for another one?

He had kissed Kongphob, his junior, a freshman.

The boy who had said "If I can make you my wife" in front of their entire batches. On the very first day.

His eyes turned wide like saucers because shit, he lost the challenge. Didn't he?

No, he didn't. Nope. Kissing Kongphob didn't mean that. It didn't make Arthit Kongphob's wife.

He lightly banged his head against the door. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Sleep was the last thing on his mind.

Kongphob on the other hand was very very very pleased with the entire evening. It was unexpected. It was surprising. It was the best thing that had happened to Kongphob. He ignored his phone ringing inside and raked both his hands through his hair.

"P'Arthit", he whispered into the air, promise glinting in his eyes as he stared at the closed window, "You can no longer run away from me. You are mine now."