The Trade Off Part One [ Gabriel Reyes x Reader ]

Didn't completely check for grammatical errors. This is more than one part, I just wanted to space this out into more than one. I hope that is okay with you. If you have a request, just ask. Anyways, enjoy!

My hands were raised, a sign of surrender. "Let them go first." My eyes narrowed.

"Sure, pretty." A rough voice came from behind the rusty door in front of me.

The door swung open, with a young cowboy rolling out. "What is going on- AGH!"

One by one, members of Overwatch were thrown outside to us.

I got the rest of my squad to assist them.

"Your turn, pretty!" A big figure smirked at me.

After looking back at the rest of my squad for a moment, I took a step towards the door.

"Don't do it!" McCree coughed up a storm. Blood dripped from his face, and he was pale as a ghost. "You're being unreasonable. Take me back instead, creepy guy behind the door!" He tried to get up quickly.

"Silence." I turned back around.

I began to address the whole group: "Their end of the deal is done...the Rescue Squad shall bring all of the injured to the deployment ship...now!" My orders were followed immediately. I was second in charge of this mission. The first in charge was not there at the moment to stop me from acting as a trade off.

I turned back around towards the door. A hand grabbed around my ankle, it was McCree's. "Please don't do this..." He was barely conscious at this point. "They will kill you..." His grasp was weak and his strength was ebbing quickly.

"Someone get him on that ship now!" I hollered.
McCree was picked up by one of the members of the Rescue Squad I organized.

"One for the many, McCree. Someday you will see that."

"What is going on here?" Uh oh. There was the first in charge.

As soon as he came into sight, the massive presence on the other side of the door reached towards my neck.

"NO!" McCree reached out weakly despite being restrained by the Rescue Squad member.

I was dragged in. The door slammed shut.

The first in charge of the mission rushed over to McCree as fast as he could. "McCree...what happened? I heard you scream." His voice was stern.

McCree was almost unconscious from his blood loss. "I couldn't stop her....Sir, uh....[y/n] took our place...She said one for the many...All other fifteen members are out, sir. But um...She just went in." McCree was carried away with the other wounded operatives that still remained on the scene.

---

"Reyes I am so sorry....I couldn't stop her." McCree coughed. He was being treated for blood loss and several open wounds.

They were in the medical bay of the deployment ship.

"She is very brave." Angela added in. "She is so selfless. She can be the one to thank for saving your life. Jesse, these wounds were on the brink of infection. You are very lucky she did the trade off when she did. Many of our injured are in critical condition as we speak."

Gabriel just stood there, his expression angered and pained. His fists were clenched. There was only one thing on his mind. "How are we supposed to get her out?" Reyes had asked the question every few minutes or so but was not given much attention due to the craziness of the medical bay. He looked to Jack Morrison, who has just arrived after news of the third in charge of Overwatch being taken.

"We have to keep others in mind, Gabe." Jack looked around the medical bay, observing the hard work that was being done to get the injured operatives into stable condition. "She probably just saved more people than she will ever know."

"Are you saying we are giving up on her?" Reyes's voice raised. He sounded angry.

"No, Gabe, I'm not saying that at all. I am just saying we have something more important on our hands-"

"More important!? More important? MORE IMPORTANT?" Gabe flipped over a medical cart out of rage. The room instantly filled with silence, and all eyes were on him.

"Reyes, get some air. Now." Jack whispered. He patted Gabe's back. Reyes practically stormed out of the drop ship.

Jack realized his mistake way too late. He ran outside, but Reyes was gone. "Come on Reyes, why do you have to make things so difficult." He made groups to look for Gabe.

"Let's hope he doesn't do anything stupid because of his emotions." Jack scowled. The groups began their search.