Boom! (Part 2) [Gabriel Reyes x Female Blackwatch Operative Reader]

Reader's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, [y/n], but I believe that you will never walk again." Angela seemed to be choking down a sob.

Those were the words I didn't want to hear.

"B-but I have a wedding in six months...How am I going to walk down the aisle?!" I wiped a tear that broke away from my face with the back of my hand. I did my best to hold back my tears as I waited for her response.

"We are going to keep your legs moving in attempts to keep your muscles from atrophy, but I do not know if you will ever be able to feel anything from your waist down for the rest of your life." Angela's eyes seemed to be rimmed by a red tint.

"Does G-Gabe know?"

"Not yet, I can tell him if you want me to-"

"No, it's okay. I want to tell him myself," I sighed, "he'll be back from his mission soon enough. Thank you for offering though."

Angela gave me a slight rub of the arm to display her sympathy and compassion before leaving me alone.

As soon as the coast was clear, I let everything out.

I cried in my hands and looked between my fingers at my legs every now and then.

I see them but I cannot make them move like they used to.

What was Gabe going to think of me? Would his view of me change because of this life altering event?

Is going to see me as weak?

Is he still going to love me?

I continued to cry to myself, dreading Reyes's return. If he came back, I was going to have to admit this disappointing reality I didn't want to face.

*****

Gabriel Reyes's P.O.V.

As soon as my mission was over, I rushed to the medical bay to see my fiancé.

I couldn't stop thinking about the last time I saw Y/N, her hyperventilation was too much for her to handle. She passed out in my arms before I could make it back to HQ. Although I don't like to admit it, I cried the whole way back. Just seeing the pain and devastation in her eyes made my own want to tear up.

She had saved my life, but at the expense of her legs. I can't help but feel responsible for her injuries because I was the one who prompted her to move closer to Terry.

As I entered the medical bay, thoughts flooded my mind.

Can Y/N feel her legs again?

Is she upset with me because of her injuries?

What if she won't want to marry me anymore?!

What if she doesn't love me anymore?!

As these thoughts increased my anxiety, I reached her room.

I looked in the window of the the door to see her crying in her hands. I couldn't resist walking in for very long, as I opened the door and entered quickly.

"B-Babe, I'm here." Is all I could muster.

I sat down on her bed and took her up into my arms.

She cried into my chest.

"I'm so sorry..." She managed to get out through her sobs.

"Shhhh, you did nothing wrong, Babe." I cooed into her ear. I continued to whisper words of encouragement as I cradled her in my arms.

"What did Ziegler say?" I tried to be careful with my wording.

"She said that I will never walk again..." Her words were nothing but a whisper.

I continued to cradle her as her words repeated in my mind.

Never walk again? How is that even possible-

"I understand if you d-don't want to get married to me anymore." Her words shocked me. "I am b-broken after all-"

"[y/n]! Don't talk like that. I will always love you and will want to get married to you no matter what." I held her even closer.

"How could you love someone that is so useless...now I can't go on missions, I can't get up and use the bathroom on my own..." She began to cry again.

"You will never be useless to me. Never. Don't even think for a second that I don't need you, because you make me a better person and give me a reason to get up every morning. A reason to get back up when I am knocked down. I wouldn't have asked you to marry me if I didn't feel this way. No one matters more in this world to me than you." My eyes got watery as talked about how she has made my life so much more worth living.

"Some days I couldn't bring myself to get up in the morning because I was losing motivation. [y/n], you are my motivation." My glossed over eyes looked down at Y/N.

Her red eyes met mine.

"Y-you really mean that, Gabe?"

"A hundred percent."

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."

"I love you the most!"

Agh she beat me to it!

Our lips met abruptly. It was a soft but passionate kiss that lasted a few moments. As soon as it was over, our foreheads touched together.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, Gabe." Her voice was hoarse from crying.

"No," I began, "I don't know what I did to deserve you, [y/n]!"

Her head went against my chest and I shifted against the pillow of the bed. I positioned her in a way that would be comfortable for us both. I had to help move her legs in between mine.

Finally all set, we relaxed. She lied in my arms as I played with her hair. I would plant a comforting kiss on her head every few minutes, to express my love and support for her.

It was a comfortable silence between us. That was the thing about us, we didn't need to talk out loud to talk. We could read each other very well, which I believe makes our relationship so special.

After a while I heard her lightly snoring. It wasn't an annoying sound, it was cute and adorable.

I couldn't help but smile down at the girl in my arms.

I gave her one last kiss on the top of her head and then drifted off to sleep as well.