You'll Be in My Heart [ Gabriel Reyes x Female Blackwatch Operative Reader ]

Don't worry, I Must Have Her (Part 3) will be out soon! Just thought of this on a whim. If you don't have a sibling, you can either make it a different family member or make a sibling up!

Also like how the heck does this book have over 30k reads? What did I do to deserve this?!

As always, if you guys have any ideas, let me know down in the comments! (Just remember I don't do smut or stuff like that!)

I hope you guys like this one, it's a little sad and perhaps crappy...I don't know! (Lol)

"No! Please don't leave me, [sibling's name]!" I sobbed as I desperately applied pressure to the bullet wound in S/N's side. "I-I need you!"

"It's no use, [y/n]. I'm going to die...Don't blame yourself..."

"How can I not?! I was supposed to look out for you...we were supposed to look out for each other! I made that promise to you when we joined Blackwatch—we made that promise to each other...And now I've let you down!"

"J-just, please don't blame yourself, [nickname]." S/N tried to reason with me.

"I should be the one with the bullet in me! Not you! It wasn't supposed to happen like this...why did you jump in front of me?!" I couldn't control the sobs that were wracking throughout my whole body.

I angrily called out into my com once again. "Medic squad, we need you to get here NOW! What's taking so damn long—"

"[y/n], it's n-no use."

"It's not over...y-you're gonna make it out of this alive, [s/n]."

A silence filled the barren wasteland. I was lost in both panic and deep thought as S/N's skin began to turn to an ashen hue. At this point it seemed I had no more tears left in my body. I had become numb.

"[y/n]?" The voice calling out my name was nothing more than a whisper.

"Y-yes?"

"C-can you sing that song for m-me...like you used to do when we were kids?"

"Uh—Yes, [s/n], I can." I cleared my hoarse throat. I took in a deep shaky breath before beginning.

"Come stop your crying, it'll be alright..." I began to sing softly into S/N's ear. As soon as I sang the first word, a small smile had become etched on S/N's face.

"Just take my hand," S/N weakly grasped onto my free hand, "and hold it tight..."

"I-I will protect you from all around you, I will be here don't you cry..." Tears began to cascade down my cheeks once more.

As I continued the song, I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

Gabriel Reyes's P.O.V.

"Medic squad, we need you to get here NOW! What's taking so damn long?!" Y/N's voice echoed through my com. Her voice had been pleading for their arrival for about ten minutes now. Y/N was my girlfriend, and S/N was my best friend. This situation had me distraught and panicked.

When the Medic Squad continued to announce they could not find their location, I tried to find them myself. Their GPS tracker was not working, and searching without the technology's guidance was basically pointless. The wasteland we were on was massive and visibility was low due to the thick fog that rose up from the ground.

I ran as fast as I could in the direction of the last gunshot. I hadn't stopped running ever since the bang echoed throughout the wasteland.

My sprinting halted at the sound of singing.

Who was that?

I finally reached the owner of the voice to find Y/N singing to S/N. Blood was pooled around them. I couldn't hold back the silent gasp that came out of my mouth. After just one look at the situation, I knew S/N wasn't going to make it out of this alive. Panic flooded throughout my body as I watched the two siblings in their final moments together. I knew better than to interfere.

"For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can't be broken. I will be here d-don't you cry..." Y/N squeezed tightly onto S/N's hand. Their eyes kept constant contact throughout the song. I could physically feel the love radiating off of them.

This was my first time ever hearing Y/N sing. Her voice was angelic and comforting to listen to. No wonder S/N wanted her to sing.

I gave the Medic Squad our location with my tracking device as I respectfully remained silent. The situation was very devastating, but I knew I had to stay strong for Y/N and S/N.

"And you'll be in my heart. Yes you'll be in my heart. From this day on, now and forever more..." Y/N's beautiful voice was filled with pain and grief. She didn't seem to know yet that S/N would be dead soon, it was as if she was too innocent to realize it.

I couldn't stop tears from falling from my own eyes. My girlfriend was losing her closest friend, S/N,
who was also my closest friend as well. I knew this was going to change the course Y/N's life forever and that things were never going to be the same. But I decided right then and there that I was going to be there for her no matter what happened next.

Y/N cradled S/N in her arms as she continued singing the chorus.

The Medic Squad's shadow was coming into view as she reached the last line of the chorus.

"You'll be in my heart, a-always..." Her voice faltered slightly at the last word.

S/N had died listening to Y/N sing the song that she would always use to comfort her sibling.

Her singing turned into hysterical crying. Sobs echoed throughout the barren wasteland as the Medic Squad reached us.

"I'm sorry, Ms. [l/n], but [s/n] is gone." The leader of the Medic Squad mournfully announced.

I watched as Y/N reluctantly handed S/N's body over to the medics. I rushed over to her, kneeling down to her. All of a sudden, grief and realization hit Y/N like an avalanche. She collapsed into my arms.

Y/N's usually strong and tough girl exterior had crumbled into a million pieces. She was vulnerable and in need of someone to support her.

Her sobs broke my heart as I held her tightly in my embrace.

"[s/n] can't be gone...I'm supposed to look out for—for—" My girlfriend choked on her sobs. She couldn't even finish her sentence.

I couldn't stop my own tears from falling. I quickly kissed the top of Y/N's head, letting her head stay in the crook of my neck.

"I k-know, Baby, I know."

The Medic Squad left to give us our privacy.

The two of us remained in that position for a long time, mourning the loss of a loved one.

I knew that Y/N was going to need a rock to lean on for the next couple of days, weeks, months, and even years.

And I plan on being that rock. Even if it's the last thing I do.