My Favorite Song! [ Gabriel Reyes x Female Blackwatch Secretary Reader ]

I was sitting in my desk chair, working on a few mission reports on my computer. I was humming the song that was playing in my earbuds as I typed away. My favorite song was blasting into my eardrums. It definitely wasn't a healthy thing to do but I didn't care.

Not only am I a field operative for Blackwatch, but I am also the secretary to the first in charge, Gabriel Reyes. I am often benched a lot from missions due to my job position, but at least I am helping still.

Being confined to a desk can sometimes get very agonizing, especially when the man I work as a secretary for isn't out on a mission. There's the little things Gabe does that drive me absolutely insane.

I don't want to sound like a teenager or something, but I have a crush on the guy! It's so embarrassing because he definitely doesn't feel the same way. I'm just his secretary after all.

Whenever I organize files in the filing cabinet in his office, I pray he isn't in there. He makes me lose my focus so easily! The way his eyebrows furrow when he's in deep thought, or how he bites on the end of a pen when he is trying to concentrate. It's all too much sometimes...

My thoughts were cut off by the door to the Gabe's waiting room and my small office space being flung open. I immediately quit humming and looked up from my screen.

It was Jack Morrison.

"Hey, [l/n]." Jack gave me a warm smile.

"Hi Morrison," I smiled back. "Reyes is in his office."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

I had my music down low so I could still hear my surroundings just in case someone else walked in. Indistinct chatter came from Gabe's office. I turned off my music completely when I finished the last of the reports. I set up the printer beside my computer.

I smiled as I heard Jack and Gabe talking. They sounded like brothers bantering.

I got up from my desk as I waited for the files to print out.

"Hey, don't leave it like that! She works so hard on keeping it great in here!" Gabe sounded frustrated.

What is he talking about?

"Hey, it'll give you more time to watch her work." Jack chuckled.

"Oh shut it!" Gabe said in an angered but quiet voice.

"You should just tell her how you-"

"Quit it, Jack." Gabe used a warning tone.

Then I heard a smack, which made me flinch. What was that?!

I droned out the rest of the conversation as I took the files off the printer and stapled them.

I have no idea what they are talking about in there but I have to file these in the mission report cabinet, so here I go.

Before I could make it to the door, Jack opened it. He had a hand imprint on his cheek.

I looked at him with a confused and concerned expression.

"Are you alrig-"

"Yep." Jack sent me a welcoming smile once more. He was holding a few mission reports in his hands.

I wonder why he's got a handprint on his face.

"Okay then." I giggled.

As soon as Morrison was out of the way, I walked into Reyes's office with the mission reports to file away. I closed the door behind me, just as I always do. Gabe hates having the door open. His face was etched with worry and concern. As soon as his eyes met mine, his expression changed. He gave me a warm smile, which I reciprocated.