100 Bucks! Part 4 [ Gabriel Reyes x Flirtatious Blackwatch Operative ]

Your wish is my command! Also this is the last part of the 100 Bucks! series, so if you have any other ideas, let me know in the comments! Grammar is not 100% checked yet, so bear with me!

Anyways...

Love y'all! Hope you enjoy it!

~Katelyn

———————

Oh wow, this hurts.

I looked down at my stomach for a moment, staring at the growing red in disbelief. The burning hot pain in my torso left me in shock.

Why didn't my suit protect me?

"Trent, you were never meant to get the package. We want to keep it for ourselves! Sorry about this inconvenience, but we had to keep that stupid Blackwatch misguided. This 'transaction' was meant to throw them off our trail. You seem like a nice girl, and I'm sorry it had to end up this way for you."

"D-don't sweat it. I understand, Sir." I managed. Soon my knees made contact with the dock.

My head slammed hard into the worn out and rigid wood. My whole body jolted at the contact. I was in such a daze from my head's collision that I hadn't noticed that as soon as I had hit the ground, gunfire had begun to ring throughout the area. One by one each of the men on the dock was shot down. Our sniper squad must have been waiting for Reyes's call.

As soon as everyone around me was on the ground in a lifeless state, I let out a tiny sigh of relief.

Then I saw it.

A chest-like box was slowly sliding towards the end of the dock. The nuclear launch codes!

I started dragging myself towards the package, trying to prevent it from getting lost at sea. I left a trail of red behind me as I crawled.

"[y/n]!"

I kept moving, ignoring the call.

"[y/n]!" The voice sounded more desperate.

Finally, my hand reached the box just as it went over the edge of the dock.

I let out a tiny huff, pulling the box close to me.

"[y/n]!"

Someone turned me over so I was on my back. My eyes unsuccessfully focused onto the person who moved me. I could tell from their fuzzy outline who they were.

"I'm...I'm...o-o-okay, Gabe." I could barely get that sentence out.

I winced as Reyes's hands went towards the entry of the bullet. He attempted to staunch the bleeding. Reyes could tell from my eyes' inability to completely focus on anything and my difficulty speaking that I was suffering from brain trauma. The severity, however, he was not sure.

"Why didn't your bulletproof armor work?" He sounded frantic as he continued to apply pressure to my wound.

"I don't...k-know, Gabe."

My eyes started to close.

"Come on, honey, stay awake."

"But..I'm s-so tired." I mumbled.

Honey? Why did he call me honey?

"Please don't fall asleep, sweetheart."

There was indistinct chatter from Reyes into his com.

"They disabled you armor with the bullet." Gabe announced as he continued to listen to the com.

"But I-I t-thought...that was...impossible." I mumbled.

"I thought so too." He went back to talking into his com. "We need the medic squad to get here right now! [y/n] is down, and it's looking pretty bad. Her armor was compromised by a weird type of bullet as she got shot in the stomach...Yeah she's still awake but I don't know how much longer I can— No, no, no, [y/n]! Come on...Keep on fighting, sweetheart." He must have noticed that I was drifting off again. His jaw seemed to be clenched as he looked down at me.

My eyes began to close once more, as I felt the darkness tugging me away.

"Damnit," he lightly tapped my face with one hand while the other remained on my stomach, "I need you to stay awake..."

"I...I don't t-think I can." My voice was soft and my words seemed to be choppy. Whatever happened with my head was making it hard to form full sentences. I was beginning to feel a numbness, I was just about to slip away.

"Yes you can. You are so strong. You're a fighter...that's why I love you!"

That got my eyes to open.

He loves me?

"I...I...I l-love... you too, G-Gabie." I gave him a weak smile. My vision was even more unfocused and blurry, so I seemed to be looking off into space.

My breathing was labored and my skin had gone ashen. The sight must have scared Reyes, as I could have sworn I heard him crying softly as he continued to apply pressure to my bullet wound.

As soon as I heard the sound of our medic squad arriving, I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling to the back of my head. The last thing I could feel was someone's lips to my forehead before the darkness roped me in for good.

*****

Indistinct chatter. That's the first thing I heard. Then the annoying beeping of machines.

"Gabe, I am beyond baffled by [y/n]'s miraculous recovery." Jesse's voice echoed from my right.

At the sound of his voice, I tried to open my eyes. Nothing seemed to happen.

"I am so thankful for it," Reyes's voice was lower and gruffer than usual, "because I don't what I would have done if she didn't make it."

Once I again I tried to open my eyes, but I was just too weak it seemed. I finally gave up after a third try.

"Well you don't have to think about that because it didn't end up that way." Jesse comforted his mentor.

"I wish I had told her how I felt sooner." Reyes muttered. "Not only had I wasted so much time keeping it to myself, but I had also realized that night that she could be taken away from me at any time. If she didn't get to know how I truly felt beforehand, I would have never forgiven myself."

"Hey," Jesse sounded as if he was smirking, "at least the package is safe and the both of you admitted your feelings to each other!"

The conversation lasted for a while longer, but their words slowly became jumbled to me.

Darkness dragged me back into complete unconsciousness.

*****

Once again I became aware of my surroundings. Using all the strength I could muster, I forced my eyelids to open. The light was blinding, and the beeping of the machines was annoying.

The first thing I noticed was that Reyes was asleep in a chair beside my bed, his hand grasped onto mine in a way that seemed protective and loving.

A smile formed on my lips.

The second thing I noticed was the Benjamin Franklin sitting on the bedside table.

I didn't think my smile could get any bigger, but somehow it did anyways.