Time Turner & Arithmancy

Sarafina's POV

Harry, Hermione and I were called into Professor McGonagall's office when we arrived at school. Madame Pomfrey was there to check Harry after he fainted in front of the dementors. Except he was fine and she was happy we had a defense teacher who knew his remedies. Professor McGonagall told Harry to wait outside while she talked to Hermione and I.

"Now Miss Granger I have been writing letters to the ministry all summer and they have agreed to let you have a time turner. But asked me to have someone else help you with concealing it from others. Because no one can know you have one and you can't let your past self see you" McGonagall explains. "Miss Weasley this is where you come in, I wish you to be the one to help Miss Granger" she states.

"I'm more then happy to help if Hermione doesn't mind" I tell her and look at Hermione.

"I'd love to have your help" Hermione says smiling.

"Very well, here is your time turner and remember the rules Miss Granger you cannot be seen. If you have any questions about the turner ask me" Professor McGonagall says handing Hermione a necklace. "Turn the hour class once you go back an hour, twice two hours" she explains and Hermione nods her head putting it around her neck.

"Now let's get Potter and go down to the feast" she states and we left her office. Harry gave us a curious look, but we ignored it. When we reached the hall to discover we missed the sorting and sat beside Ron.

(next day)

We had just got our times table for the year and Ron was commenting how Hermione had multiple classes at once. She just told him she'd sorted it out with McGonagall and not to worry about it. "I'll wait for you in the Arithmancy hall and we will walk to class together" I whisper in her ear. She agreed then left with Harry and Ron for Divination in North tower.

Five minutes after they left I went to the entrance hall and started to walk to Arithmancy. When I reached the hall way it was in Hermione appeared beside me. "How was your first Divination class?" I ask her casually.

"It was boring and Professor Trelawney says books can only get us so far in Divination. She then said Harry was going to die this year" Hermione explains. "Honestly I think it is a bit of a joke" she states. We had Arithmancy and that cheered her up a lot. "I have to go back for Ancient Runes, I'll met you in Transfiguration" she states and enters a closet.

I start walking to Transfiguration and she joined me as I passed her Ancient Runes class. We sat down and saw Professor McGonagall writing on the board. Once everyone arrived she told us we would be studying Animagi this term. However, when she turned into a cat no one clapped like they usually did. I would have, but I was to busy getting my books out.

"Now really, not that it matters. But that is the first time my transformations hasn't received applause" Professor McGonagall states.

Hermione raised her hand saying "please Professor we just had our first Divination class."

"Ah I understand, no need to explain farther Miss Granger. Who is dying this year?" Professor McGonagall asks the class.

"Me" Harry replies grumbling.

"You should all know that Professor Trelawney has predicted the death of one student every year since she started here. None have died yet. It is her favourite way to met a new class" Professor McGonagall explains. "But I assure you Potter if you die you need not hand your homework in" she states. This cheered everyone up especially Harry and we continued the lesson on Animagi.

We were given an essay to do on Animagi and how to identify one. Hermione and I decided to look up the official list of Animagi. Right now we had a a break and we did some of our homework. It was then time for lunch and then we had Care of Magical Creatures followed by double Potions and D. A. D. As.