Christmas Firebolt

Sarafina's POV

It's finally Christmas morning and I decided to have fun waking up Hermione. So I went to wear I kept the prank supplies Fred and George gives me. I just decided to use the air-horn to wake her as there was no else here. After I grabbed it I went straight to her bedside and held it over her before pressing the button.

She jumped looking around wildly as I run out of the room laughing. "Sarafina Weasley!" I heard her yell as I run down the staircase into the common room. I noticed that Harry and Ron were already there looking at a broom. Not just any broom either, but a Firebolt.

"Is that a real Firebolt?' I ask in excitement running over to them and sat next to Harry.

"Yeah, it's Harry's we are trying to figure out who sent it" Ron states.

"Who cares? Can I please have a go Harry? After you of course" I ask/state.

"I already called dibs on a ride after Harry Sarafina" Ron states.

"By the way, why was Hermione screaming your name like a banshee?" Harry asks changing the subject.

"I may have used an air-horn to wake her up" I state giggling at the memory.

"You are in so... is that a firebolt?" Hermione asks as she entered the room. With Yuki and Crookshanks following her. Ron looked annoyed as he snatched up Scabbers stuffing him in his pajama pocket.

"Yeah it is someone sent it to Harry" Ron and I tell her smiling.

"Who from?" she asks sitting next to me.

"We don't know that's want we are trying to figure out" I state. "What's the matter Hermione?" I ask when I see her biting her lip. The boys to look at her taking their eyes off the hoovering Firebolt in front of Harry.

"It's a bit odd, don't you think. Besides this is supposed to be a really good broom right?" she asks.

"It's the best broom there is Hermione" I tell her.

"Then it must have been really expensive" she states.

"More then the all the Slytherin brooms combined" Ron states. "harry just wait until Malfoy sees you on this broom" Ron says.

"I don't think anyone should be riding that broom just yet" Hermione states hurriedly.

"Then what's Harry going to do with it?" I ask her like she's gone mad.

"Sweep the floors?" Ron asks. Just then Crookshanks jumps at Ron's chest as Yuki hisses madly. "Get them out of here!" Ron yells as he grabs Scabbers who was trying ti flee over his shoulder. He tried to kick Crookshanks, but got the table instead. Now both cats were hissing at him.

I pick up Yuki as Hermione picks up Crookshanks and we leave the common room going down to breakfast. Before we enter the hall we place the cats down and they run outside to explore. We sat at the only table and the two boys soon joined us. Dumbledore thought as there was so few of us there was no need for the house tables.

After Breakfast Harry and Ron stood up first to leave making the Divination teacher ask who stood up first. Professor McGonagall said something about a mad axe man and the boys left. Hermione said she wanted to talk to McGonagall about something while I left to see Padfoot.

I had gotten the stray lovable dog a present along with usual food and water. I found him near the frozen lake and he greeted me happily licking my cheek. Balancing on his hind legs knocking us both the snow covered ground. Making me laugh as I give him a hug. "I got a present fr you boy, want go to our hideout?" I ask and he nods his head.

We went to whopping willow made sure no one was around before pressing the knot and disappearing into the tunnel below. When we reached the shack and the master bedroom I sat on the bed as he jumped onto it beside me. "Do you want your present or food first?" I ask holding out my food bag and the wrapped present. He grabbed the present in his teeth ripping the wrapping off to reveal the brown leather collar imprinted with his name.

"I know you're a stray, but this way if you are ever caught by animal control. They won't kill you and I can collect you. Then you can be free again" I tell the dog and laugh. "I still can't believe I talk to you sometimes, but you are an amazing listener. As well as a very smart dog" I state. "I can't stay long my friend just got this amazing broom. He promised to let my brother and I have a go on it after him" I tell him.

Taking the food out of the bag, along with a bottle of water and bowl. Leaving the food on the floor and then poured all the water into the bowl. "Goodbye Padfoot, I promise to put the collar on when I came over next" I state patting his head. Then left and went back to the castle up to Gryffindor tower.

To see a sad harry and an angry Ron. "What's wrong guys?" I ask noticing Hermione wasn't with them.

"Hermione told McGonagall about Harry's new broom and it was confiscated" Ron states angrily.

"Both her and McGonagall think Sirius Black sent it. So it is being checked for jinxes, curses and hexes" Harry explains.

"I'm sure you'll get it back Harry in time for our next match against Ravenclaw" I assure him. "Ron don't be mad at Hermione, she thought she was doing the right thing" I tell him.

"Of course you'd take her side over mine, your own twin brother" Ron states glaring at me.

"If that's how you feel fine, I'm going to the library" I state and storm out of the common room. I found Hermione there and sat next to her. "I think you did the right thing telling McGonagall" I state and she hugs me. We then choose a big book to do some light reading.

A/N

Picture above of Firebolt and picture in the external link of Padfoot's collar