Black Dog

Sarafina's POV

I sat near the edge of the forbidden forest in between where the whopping willow and black lake are. I had brought a sandwich with a bottle of water to have when I got hungry. But that would be after wandering the forest. As I was about to turn I heard stick snap behind me and turn to see a big black dog.

As I started to stand slowly it started to growl and flatten it ears to it's head. "It's ok I won't hurt you boy" I tell him quietly. "You look hungry, I have a chicken sandwich in my bag if you want it" I say pointing to my bag. He stopped growling and I bent down opening my bag. When I took out the sandwich his tail started to wag as he walked over.

When I stood up and started to unwrap the sandwich he got on his hind legs trying to grab the sandwich making me laugh. As I fell on my bum saying "easy boy it's all yours" giving it to him. He ate it quickly before sitting in front of me wagging his tail. "I'm afraid I don't have anymore, but I can get some and I also have some water" I tell him.

He barked wagging his tail as I drew my wand from my pocket. "Accio three chicken sandwiches and bowl" I say thinking of the great hall where lunch was still going. They appeared and the dog ate the sandwiches straight away as I place the water in the bowl.

"Do you want to know a secret boy?" I ask him when he finished the water. He cocked his head to the side nodding. "I'm talking to a dog" I say giggling and he lets out a bark like laugh. "Ok I'm promise I won't hurt you" I assure him before looking around making sure we were alone, before turning into a mountain lion.

He jumped back startled and I roll onto my back laughing. More like making weird roars. Then he pounced on me and I kicked him off as I took off into the forest. He shook his fur before following me. We had fun play fighting and racing each other scaring the birds.

We soon reached a clearing and I took a nap with him on guard. However, he soon woke my up licking my furry cheek. I look at him confused and looked up at the sky to see it was mid-afternoon. He nudged my side making me stand up and walked away gesturing fir me to follow him.

As we left the forest I saw we were heading towards the whopping willow and stopped. He seem to notice and went behind me nudging me back. So that I would continue towards the tree. I sigh doing so and stopped just out of it's reach. The dog gave me a wink which is strange I didn't know animals could wink.

Before he darted forward towards the tree and dodged a few branches and pressed a knot at the base of it. The tree stopped moving as I looked at him in awe. Then started to walk forward slowly and when I reached him he gestured to a hole next to him. I hadn't noticed it before and it seems to lead to a tunnel.

After I crawled in he followed then lead the way through the tunnel. We soon reach and old wrecked two story house. I turned human again looking around as he watched me. "This looks like want I thought the shrieking shack would look like on the inside. But ghosts didn't do that" I say looking at the scratched walls and the dog nods his head.

"This can be our hideout no one can find us here and I can bring you food along with water" I state happily. He barked happily and began to chase his tail. "But if we are you going to be friends, you'll need a name" I state.

Then clicked my fingers saying "Padfoot that's want I'll call you" and he looked ecstatic. "Padfoot it is then" I state patting his head. But he knocks me down licking my cheek. "Ok down boy I gotta get back to school" I tell him.

He gave me puppy dog eyes making me laugh as I pat his head again. "I'll come back tomorrow after classes with more food and water" I promised him. Then he guided me through the tunnel and pressed the knot again. "Goodbye Padfoot see you tomorrow" I say and head back to the castle.

When I reached the castle I went straight to bed after sneaking into the kitchen for some food. Yuki was already asleep as I changed into my pj's and brushed my teeth. As I fell asleep I saw that it was nearly a full moon.

A/N

Picture above of Padfoot