Chapter 1

Hello everyone!  This is a fanfiction story from the show, Sailor Moon.

AN:  In this story, I wanted Serena to have a different last name. There are no scouts, or evil beings in this. This is just an original story, which means anyone can read it that hasn't, or doesn't know of Sailor Moon. Here's Taking One Tooth At A Time.

Disclaimer: I Do NOT Own Sailor Moon!

All the studying and headaches paid off. Serena reflected as she went to retrieve her degree. She shook the dean's hand and he replied. "Congrats, Miss Mills!"

"Thank you!" Serena rejoined and smiled. Her mom was taking pictures of Serena's glorious day.

"I need to get these developed asap!" Mrs. Mills announced, as the family hastily entered into the minivan to head into town.

Back at the Mills household, Serena changed out from her cap and gown to something comfortable; a pair of baggie shorts and a t-shirt.

"Mom?" Serena asked.

"In here, Dear." Mrs. Mills asserted.

Mrs. Mills was in the living room. She had just put a picture in an eight by ten frame. The portrait consists of the three members smiling and Serena holding her diploma in front of her body. Serena's mother was satisfied now that they had stopped by and printed them to take home.

"You ready Serena?" Mrs. Mills inquired, as she positioned the Kodak moment on the coffee table.

"Sure, am!" Serena proclaimed.

The mother and daughter were going to check out an apartment complex that was near "Dental Wishes." "Dental Wishes" was a new dentist venue that had been built. Serena had applied weeks before graduating and in a week she got the job. However, she called and expressed to them that she could start after she graduated. Drake Nebb, the Dentist, said that he understood and told her to start work that following Monday.

The studio was small, but cozy. It was a one bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen, living and dining room that connected to one big room. Serena noticed the freshly painted white walls. Serena's eyes glazed over at a stack of expensive photographs on the floor. The landlord had just told them that the previous owner didn't want anything that was left. So, if Serena was interested in the suite the stuff left was hers. The hotelier, Heggy showed them the rest of the rooms. Serena liked it and doing so she signed the papers. After that, Heggy handed her the key and told her the rent was due the second week of the month. Serena nodded that she approved.

The women's last stop was to visit a local grocery store to get some empty boxes, for Serena to pack her things in. Finally, the duo had made it back home.

"We're back!" Mrs. Mills shouted, as she located her husband. Thereupon, the women began to smell the hamburger meat from the grill. "I know where he is at, now!" Mrs. Mills added and went in that direction.

"Hi, Dear!" Mrs. Mills disclosed.

"Hi, Dad! Smells good!" Serena commented.

Mr. Mills chuckled and pronounced. "Hey, Hun! Hey, Serena!"

At that moment, he wiped the sweat off his brow and cleaned his black frame glasses, while the meat was simmering.

"Since supper isn't ready mom and dad. I'll go ahead and pack some of my belongings." Serena implied and turned to go back inside.

"Don't be too long, Serena!" Serena's mom instructed.

"I won't, mom!" Serena yelled out to the outside.

Serena started packing the things she would need. In a few days, she will come back for the rest. Serena left some outfits, just in case she had to come over and need a change of clothes. Serena had made a dent into her packing when her stomach got the best of her. She would have to complete gathering her articles after she ate supper. Serena traveled down the stairs and outwards.

Serena perceived that it was such a pretty day to eat outdoors. Abruptly, the spring air that whoosh by was filled with the fragrance of cherry blossoms. Serena inhaled deeply at the sweet smell.

The Mills seated at the picnic table as they began their meal. During the chomping and chewing, Mrs. Mills jester with the following.

"Hey Serena, that boy at the grocery store was pretty cute, huh?"

"WHAT BOY?" Mr. Mill's voice thundered.

"Relax Dad! He helped me carry the empty boxes to my car. Besides, he's too young for me anyways!"

"I was only kidding, Dear!" Mrs. Mills put forth and sighed.

"Oh! You know the rules young lady!" Mr. Mills mentioned, as he pointed a fork at Serena's way.

"Yes, Dad. But- I'm moving out tomorrow!"

"Don't remind me!" Mr. Mills said, sadly.

"Aww, Dad! I still come and visit, silly!" Serena conveyed.

"You better!" Mr. Mills responded and commenced. "I would like to have a dentist to make house calls."

"Dad, I'm not a dentist! A dentist's hygienist is what-I'm-Never-mind!" Serena corrected him.

Evening had gone and now night had appeared.

'Sleep! I hope I'm not too excited to get some,' Serena established.

It had been a long, exhausting day and weekend. She got ready for bed, covered up her body and went to sleep, finally! Serena's mother and father laid in bed, in discussion on how their little girl had grown up so fast and worries her mother expressed. Afterwards, Mills turned off the nightshade and went to sleep.

Suddenly, Darien woke up from his slumber to realize he was in pain. He acknowledged it was that bad molar. Everyone kept insisting on him to see a dentist, but his stubborn hide would not. Now, he was miserable. Once more the tooth ached, which Darien exclaimed.

"Dumb tooth! I had to go and eat that piece of hard candy! Ugh! I can't wait til morning. So, I can do something about it! I'm hoping it's just bruised. Knowing my luck, it's probably worst!"

Consequently, Darien got up and headed into another room, since sleep wasn't going to visit him any time soon.

With one hand he switched the light on, the room was filled with brightness that made his squint eyes from being in the dark. Darien opened a mini drawer and retrieved a note card that Andrew had given him. It had the address and number for the new dentist location. Darien maneuvered the index near his phone for a reminder purpose.

Next, he went to the counter and took some pain medicine to help his incisor. All of the sudden, Darien's stomach grumbled and he grabbed a snack. He went into the living room and stretched out on the couch and began to read, "The Planet We Know." Of the so far content that Darien read, it was interesting to him. He didn't think it would be, but a friend had suggested it to him. So, Darien thought why not? It wasn't long, that he too had fallen asleep.