Chapter 4

Serena woke up and got ready for work like usual. Finally, Friday had arrived.

'Good thing, too! I've had a long, exhausting week. As long as I don't have to see him it will be a pleasant day. Ugh! The other night! That man! I swear one of these days!' Serena reflected.

Serena's day was miserable, as nothing went right! She couldn't keep her mind off of Darien, or the 'Jerk' as she referred to him as. It all manifested when she couldn't get the bib to clip on a customer correctly. Followed by the mess on the previous procedure that spilled everywhere. The woman that Serena had finished up on perceived her bad day, but didn't say a word.

Serena gripped the clipboard and peered at the upcoming vendee. Sadly, it proceeded to be worse for the young blonde. At that point, Serena discovered that the normal room she was accustomed with was having technology problems. Out of the blue, Serena had one of her klutz attacks and tripped over a cord. The implements bounced in every direction from the forgotten tray that she had carried. Serena bent down and started to collect them up. Instantly, Deena witnessed it and began to help her.

"What's wrong, Serena?" Deena pressed.

Serena wiped the sweat from her brow with the back of her hand and confessed.

"I have no idea what is going on with me today?! It's like I have seven years back luck, or something?!"

"Did you break a mirror?" Deena quizzed, in a jest.

"Nope." Serena countered.

"I guess you're having a Monday, instead of a Friday!" Deena suggested.

"I guess so." Serena admitted, defeated.

"MISS MILLS!" Dr. Nebb thundered out in the room.

"Oh-No!" Serena whispered towards Deena's way. The women exchanged a worried expression.

At that instant, Serena replied with. "Yes?"

"Could you please, come in here?" Dr. Nebb requisitioned.

"Sure." Serena answered, as she got up. She touched Deena's shoulder and said, "Thank you for helping me!"

"No problem!" Deena responded. She took the tools that she gathered up into another room to be washed and sanitized.

Serena approached Dr. Nebb's office, which was adjacent from where they store their belongings. The station was a small one with a computer and a chair. In the front area faced two more chairs for client conservation. Behind the computer desk was a medium height bookshelf that had books on the second and third rack. On the top level of the mantlepiece had pictures of the dentist's kids and grandchildren.

Serena knocked on the ajar door by using her two knuckles and verbalized.

"Dr. Nebb, you wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Miss Mills. Please, close the door and take a seat." Dr. Nebb pronounced sternly.

"Okay." Serena conveyed, followed by her shutting the door. Additionally, she took a seat that was in front of Dr. Nebb.

Dr. Nebb was round, but a tall man. His red short hair always styled neatly. He viewed Serena from his brown specs and spoke.

"Miss Mills...Serena. I have observed the awesome job that you've done. But today, I have also noticed you are having a calamity? Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, it's nothing! I'm just having a bad day." Serena asserted, and blushed.

"Ah, okay." Dr. Nebb alleged, and added. "How would you like to come with me to the hospital to examine the patient's teeth? They're having a free trial today. Due to this, we may get some more clients in."