Chapter 12

Hours passed and everyone felt cramped up in the waiting room. Which consisted of the following; one couch, ten chairs and the receptionist's desk off to the side.

Serena's parents were waiting around for some good news to come. The girls and Molly came in one at a time to check on any updates of Serena. When it was expressed that there was no news each one of them was filled with worry. They all talked about non-related topics in the attempt to remain calm about this situation. The Mills really didn't talk to anyone.

The nurse had notified them that they could visit her once a day and only immediate family at this point.

"How is she?" Raye quizzed, distressed with glossy watery eyes.

"No change!" Darien answered.

He acknowledged that the girls had been crying like himself, but they seemed a little hopeful. Darien peered over to where the Mills were seated at and went over to speak to them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mills...I don't know what to say—I can't'-" Darien uttered, and ceased.

"It's okay, Darien-" Mrs. Mills replied, as she patted Darien's hand. "The importance is, we all are here for her now!"

"He could do a whole lot and just left her the hell alone! It's your fault she's in there dying!" Mr. Mills blurted, wrathful and stared straight at Darien.

"Dear, stop!" Mrs. Mills pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Darien! I know you are trying- I'm so afflicted! I also know you care for her dearly." Mr. Mills confessed.

"I do, Mr. Mills. I don't even-" Darien stopped himself and shook his head. Mrs. Mills gave them both a hug and whispered.

"Everything will be okay! Our Serena is strong!"

Darien started to sob; it had been a long time since he suffered from a lost loved one. His parents died when he was really young. Even now, Serena's mom reminded him of his late mother.

"Shh...It's okay! Now, now." Mrs. Mills cooed, and added. "Let's go and see her."

Darien and Mrs. Mills went to Serena's room, still the same as before. They waited inside, as it persisted the same, until...

Serena was in a dark place with a small amount of light. At first, she assumed it was a dream, but the agony admonished it wasn't. She could hear muffled murmurs speak in a shriek of excitement.

Suddenly, Serena could see the light grew brighter and a beeping sound in the background became much louder as well. She opened her eyes and realized something bad had happened, because of how the hospital's furniture was arranged. The awful noise that she kept perceived was her. In addition, the tenderness came back and it was her left leg. It wasn't broken, but it hurt like hell, though. To get the pain off her mind, she glazed around and located him. Sereana watched, as he stepped lightly towards her.

'Why is that asshole here? Shouldn't he be fondling that whore!' Serena ruminated.

An ache in her heart told her not to judge, before she knew the facts. Deep down, she knew the answer was there and he wasn't that type of man.

Serena could hear another person walk closer to her. At that instant, Mrs. Mills commented.

"Serena!"

"Mommy!" Serena exclaimed, raspy

"Serena, sweetheart! I-We were so worried!"

With that, Serena's mother gave her daughter a hug.

Darien left the room to get the nurse. The nurse came in and checked Serena vitals and disclosed before she exited.

"It won't be long now that you will be able to go upstairs."

"Thank you!" Darien exhibited and smiled at Serena, but witnessed the disgust expression on her face.

"Oh, Serena! I'm so happy you're alright!" Mrs. Mills rejoiced.

"Me, too Mom! Can I speak to you, alone? Please?!" Serena asked, roughly bitter.

"Sure, sweetie. Darien would you mind telling the girls that Serena is awake. And be a dear and give us a few minutes," Mrs. Mills mentioned.

"Okay." Darien responded and glanced at his fiancé.

The once smiling-sparkle-bubbly girl was replaced by this hard angry-one. He was befuddled and anguished at the cause of this.

'What happened? She seems so cold. The words Serena spoke were so pungent.' Darien pondered.

Darien positioned himself besides one of the girls and expressed to them that Serena was awake. He was instructed to give them a few minutes. Not sure why.

"She just wanted to spend-talk to her mom for a bit." Amy suggested.

"Yeah, Serena and her mom are very close." Raye mentioned.

"Don't fret, Darien. Things will be better now!" Mina chimed in.

"Yeah. Our girl is back!" Lita apprised.

Darien sat there, still confused about Serena's behavior. What had he done? Had he forgotten something?

Back in the room, Serena had just finished telling her mom all about the scene she saw. Plus, she added the following in almost screaming.

"Mom, I'm sorry! I thought he was the one! HE'S NUTTIN BUT A LYING CHEATER!"

"Now, Serena! Maybe not! You need to talk with him, before you criticized!" Mrs. Mills implied.

"But, mom! It was obvious! He wasn't pushing that woman away!" Serena retorted, hurtful.

"SERENA! Talk to him first!" Her mom advised in a stern voice.

"But-Mom!" Serena whinnied.

"Serena, Dear! Did you see his reaction to the woman's gesture?" Mrs. Mills questioned.

"No-I didn't." Serena contended, softy.

"Then, you need to discuss it with him in a calm manner. Darien loves you very much! That I can tell." Mrs. Mills spoke seriously, as she got up.

"Where are you going?" Serena inquired.

"To get Darien. You two, need to talk!" Serena's mom demanded.

"MOM!" Serena yelled, but it was too late.

Mrs. Mills had left, leaving Serena to sigh and mumbled, "Great!"

Few minutes later, Serena's door opened and Darien entered. She only looked up and rolled her eyes. Darien took a seat beside her bed and turned to face her and said.

"Serena, is there something you need to tell me?"

"Yes, I do have something I need to say," Serena put forward.