Chapter 13

"And that is?" Darien questioned, confused at her sudden taciturnity at him.

Serena took a breath and blurted out.

"Who in the hell was that so-called, whore of a woman at your residence the other day?"

'Oh shit! She must have seen Glenda being her typical self. There goes me showing her the house, as surreptitiously!' Darien speculated.

"Well?!" Serena exhorted, and crossed her arms.

"Serena, that was a buyer. For my apartment."

"Wait!? What?! A buyer?" Serena quizzed.

"It was gonna be a surprise for you. There's a house down the block for sale and I have already bought it. Yes, it's true that Glenda is a harlot, but she was also the first person to come and decide if she wanted it. We dated in the past, but at the time I didn't know her lifestyle. There's nothing between us. Let's just say Andrew and myself think of her as a pain in the ass sister. We hadn't heard from her in years, until she crossed paths with Andrew and mentioned to him that she needed a place. So, I thought it would be easier to let her have it." Darien informed.

"So, let me get this straight. You bought us a house. And you had a tart-a friend that was looking for a dwelling. Who might take your studio?" Serena relayed, vilely.

Serena felt bad she should have talked to him before now.

"Yes. What you saw was her trying to make her move, but failed! I told her that I was very happy with you and always will be." Darien replied, as he quickly grabbed her hands.

At this response, Serena blushed.

Darien also added. "Serena, I love you! No one else can change that!"

"Oh, Darien! I love you, too! I'm sorry for ruining the plans you had for me!" Serena put forth, sadly.

"You didn't ruin it! You haven't seen it yet, but don't worry. I will still show you the property, that is if you're still interested?" Darien probed, tentatively.

"I sure am!" Serena proclaimed, excitedly.

"Great!" Darien responded, zestfully.

Afterwards, the lovers kissed like nothing had happened between them. All was forgotten and forgiven.

Serena glanced down at her hand. The ring was missing, and suddenly panic rose within her.

Darien witnessed her maneuver and said the following.

"It's okay, Sere. They take off all the jewelry and things. So, it's not in the way, or lost while they're working on patients."

At which point, Darien magically appeared the ring from his pocket. Additionally, he placed it back on Serena's finger.

"Ah! Good. It belongs there." Serena commented, as she peered up at him.

Serena was released from the hospital three days later. Come to find out, she had no broken bones, just major bruising and lots of soreness. In weeks to come all would heal and she could return to work.

Thereupon, Darien had moved in with Serena to help her, until she regained strength back. Like always, Serena was being stubborn and expressed that she didn't need help, but a difficult task proved her wrong. Darien let Glenda have his condo. As Darien continued to work, he still had concerns about Serena being alone and determined to do things on her own.

The couple enjoy being together like this. It was like it was meant to be. She agreed with him that they needed a bigger place. Especially for planning on having kids and pets in the future. This was something they both conceded on. When Serena healed, Darien promised to take her and show her their new homestead.

Days passed, Serena was getting much better. The bruises had begun to disappear. She was dishearten, because her car was totaled. Darien talked to Katie to see if he could work the day shift, until Serena could get a vehicle to drive to work. Katie rendered that if he could get someone to swap with him, then he could. Luckily, Darien found another nurse for his request.

Subsequently, they visit the house- their house. Now on the list is a car for Serena to have for work.

Serena got up from her seat to look at the calendar, because she couldn't remember the exact day of her doctor's appointment. At that instant, she realized what the calendar read. Due to this, it resulted in Serena to be in shock.

Serena looked at the wall chart again. What she saw was indeed correct. Darien would be home, and she could tell him of her discovery. Serena was so thankful for Darien; he took so good care of her. Tomorrow, they will go wedding attire shopping, but not together. Serena would meet the girls at the mall, while Darien and Andrew went to a small shop they elapsed daily.

'It won't be long now that I can go back to work. I'm so glad! I need to get out of this house. I've kept so close to the girls that I know have bugged them.' Serena scrutinized.

The doctor's visit went well, and it clarified to Serena that she could go back to work at the start of next week. Serena was pleased to hear this wonderful news.

Days went by, Darien and Serena had picked a wedding date. The lovebirds moved into their new home.

"Oh, it's beautiful! I love it!" Serena affirmed.

"I knew you would!" Darien alleged and smiled.

The building was a pale-yellow, two-story house with a small driveway just enough room for two vehicles and the extra small turn section. The inside had wooden flooring and pearl walls. Its top floor had two small bedrooms and a bathroom. The downstairs had a master bedroom and also a bathroom; plus, the kitchen, dining room and living room.

"Darien, this was a nice gesture! Thank you!" Serena exclaimed, delighted.

"Well, you did say I was full of them." Darien remarked and smirked.

"Yep, but I have something for you!" Serena revealed.

"You do? What is it?" Darien asked, curiously.