Chapter 9

The girls realized it was getting late so they said their goodbyes. Darien and Serena were left alone in her apartment now. She wrapped her arms around his neck and made butterfly kisses down it. He returned the favor by also kissing her neck and down towards her breasts. She liked where this was going.

'The way he holds me, it's-His kisses are so magical! I must stay in control! Besides, it's getting late and work is just around the bend.' Serena noted.

'She tastes so good even her touch was refreshing. We shouldn't! But I need her pronto!' Darien mentated.

Darien acknowledged her sudden cease movement and doing so he questioned.

"What's wrong, Sere?"

"Dar...I love to continue this, but we-me-I need to get some sleep. I have work tomorrow." Serena pointed out.

"I know," Darien asserted and sighed.

Before Darien departed to his condo, he bent down and gave her a passionate kiss. He told her goodnight, plus a "love you!"

Serena responded with a "love you, too!"

At that moment, she closed the door.

Serena exhaled. She was happy and realized the missing piece in her life. 

'This feeling was so marvelous! What a day! Well, I better get ready for bed. Wait for the girls at work to find out what happened, they will be surprised!' Serena forethought, excitedly.

The very next day, Serena hit the button to turn off the buzzing of her alarm clock.

"Another Monday!" She grumbled and soon got ready, ate breakfast and went out the door.

Serena's day was going well. Especially since it was a dreadful Monday. She had shown her co-workers the ring.

They all announced, "Congrats!" "When is the big day?" The crew was very ecstatic for them. She confessed to them that it wasn't decided yet.

'Some things needed to be taken care of first. Like telling dad without him killing Darien! I do not want to have a funeral arranged, instead of a wedding!' Serena agonized, distraught.

The rest of the week went by fast. Serena had crossed paths with Molly. Molly and Melvin had got married and were expecting their first child. The wedding was quickly arranged, because of it. Molly was six months pregnant. She had expressed to Serena how nervous she was. Serena had also found out that Molly was working at a local dollar store close to home. Melvin was the VP at some company. Then, Serena's best friend asked how she was doing. Serena revealed the news of her engagement, which left Molly astounded.

"Wasn't that the handsome fellow that always called you, Meatball Head?" Molly probed, curiously.

"Yep, the same. And he still does." Serena affirmed, and smiled.

"I knew it!" Molly mumbled, because Serena was examining her teeth.

Once Serena was done, they continued their discussion and giggled. It was so nice catching up with an old friend.

"Well, that's it! Dr. Nebb will be along soon. It was so nice seeing you, Moll!" Serena put forth.

"Yes, likewise. We have to hang out sometime?!" Molly mentioned and she looked down and added. "After the baby is born, though."

The girl's verbalized their farewells and Serena exited the room.

'One day, Darien and I will have children. When we are ready, that is it. Not right now. First, we need to get married.' Serena speculated.