Chapter 5

The prior day, Serena had called her mom and talked for a good while. Thereafter, she phoned the girls. Lita was in the middle of a food contest. Amy had to be at work on her day off, because one of the workers had called in sick. Raye, well she had a date, but the guy canceled. Mina was at work, wishing for the shift to be resolved. They all promise to come over and see her new studio. Mina was the one she confided with, especially about Darien. Serena entrusted her with everything. Mina's short advice, before she had to go was.

"Just follow your heart and not your head, or hormones. It will work out, if it's destined."

With that, Mina snickered and ended the call. Serena glanced at the clock, it read six minutes til three in the afternoon.

'Everyone is occupied and I'm bored.' Serena established.

Serena couldn't shake off from her mind on why there was an 'electric feeling,' and the content Mina had uttered.

'Destiny? Follow my heart? Okay?! Mina has officially read too many romance novels.' Serena ruminated, but was suddenly snapped out of it, when a tapping noise occurred at her door.

"Who could that be?" Serena demanded. She got up from the couch and went to the door and opened it. Serena gasped and requested.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was thinking...Serena-You want to start over? Get to know one another, like we should have." Darien suggested.

'Was she dreaming? What was with this man? What exactly was he up to?' Serena pondered in shock.

"Okay." Serena returned and handed out her hand in a deal position. Darien smiled and shook her hand. That same voltaic came across them and in doing so they quickly turned loose.

"That's odd!" Serena stated.

"What's that?" Darien beseeched. He felt that too, but he wanted to make sure it wasn't just him.

"Nothing!" Serena responded, quickly.

"So...You have plans for tonight?" Darien queried.

"Nope. Everyone is busy!" Serena informed, and sighed.

"Same here. Even Andrew!" Darien remarked.

"Wait, Andrew?" Serena asserted.

"Yep. Something about having a hot date." Darien conveyed, and laughed.

"Oh! He was going to work on the ice cream maker, wasn't he?" Serena implied.

"He told me that she was so hot that she would melt the ice!" Darien commented.

Darien and Serena busted out laughing. Andrew and his jokes, which never got old to them.

"What's that smell?" Darien implored.

"Ah! SHIT!" Serena shrieked and went back into her apartment, while Darien followed behind her.

"My burnt Chicken N' Rice dinner!" Serena expressed in a whimper.

Serena began to put the fire out and took the pot off the eye. Next, she switched the stove off.

"Lita will not be happy that I burnt that! I was doing so well too!" Serena emphasized and sighed.

"I have nuttin for supper, either." Darien mentioned and added. "I know! Are you in the mood for pizza?"

"Sure. I could go for anything right now. I'm starving! Why do you ask?" Serena mentioned.

"There is an excellent Pizza Shop just a few miles from here." Darien offered.

"Awesome! Let's go!" Serena put forth, as she grabbed her purse and Darien's arm. Swiftly, they headed out the door.