First Practice

Adam's P.O.V.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! This has to be a sick twisted joke!" I yelled.

"I'm getting a kick outta this!" McGill replied.

This can't be happening! McGill can't be my roommate. There's no way in hell that I'd allow this bullshit!

I walked out the room and found my RA. I told him the situation and and he said that I could switch roommates.

"I'm kicking you out McGill!" I yelled to McGill.

"You're delaying the inevitable, Banks!" He yelled back as he left the room.

"Adam what are we gonna do?" Becca asked as she pulled me into a hug.

"Remember what Charlie said? He said that we have to show him the ducks are better!" I said as I kissed her temple.

She nodded her head and smiled. "We did it. We're actually moved in."

"Yep we start class next week."

"Eww don't bring that up."

I chuckled and got changed into sweatpants to get ready for bed.

I kissed Becca goodnight and closed the door.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for practice. I'm so excited for this but at the same time, I'm nervous. I went to get Becca and we both headed to the ice house where the hockey team practiced and had games.

"Here we go." I said to Becca as I held her hand and walked in.

We were greeted by the Coach and assigned us to our lockers. Becca had to go in the girls locker room which was different than in high school.

I skated out and the coach began to drill us. I have never felt so tired in my life.

"I know you can do better than that, Banks!" McGill snickered.

I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to get in trouble.

"Ignore him! He's obviously a dick!" a guy with the number 15 on it said.

"Yeah he is. I'm Adam Banks." I said as we skated.

"I'm James Randall."

"Team time for a scrimmage." The coach yelled.

We were broken up into teams and scrimmaged each other. The other players were really good. Like they were varsity players good. It got me scared that I couldn't measure up. I could tell Becca was thinking the same thing she was on my team.

"Good job guys! Expect practice every morning at dawn. Since you're all on scholarships, I get to chose who is first string and second string. I'll post the results after practice tomorrow. Now hit the showers!" Coach said.

Today was a hell of a practice.