College Graduation

Becca's P.O.V.

You're probably wondering what happened with Adam and I. Well after I decided to take a break, I decided that I needed to be on my own for a while. Adam respected that and said that after we graduated that we can try things again. I agreed to that. We made a deal that if we still love each other then we'd meet at the ice house and get married. If one of us doesn't show up then we both move on. I haven't spoken to him since then. Whenever I was with the Ducks, we'd have to act civil towards each other but we never spoke to each other as a way to respect each other's space.

Today I just received my degree in psychology and now I was nervous thinking about our deal from three years back. I ended up dating someone else for a year or so but it could never compare to what Adam and I had.

Adam got drafted into the NHL and he's going to be a duck again but this time in Anaheim. I'm very proud of him. I still love him probably more than I ever have before. I missed him but I needed time to be myself for a while and figure out college on my own.

I walked into the ice house and looked up at the banners hanging from winning the NCAA championships all 4 years of my attendance. I laced up my skates and decided to skate one last time on this rink. It was a bitter sweet feeling that I was experiencing. I didn't know if Adam was coming back but I wanted him back more than anything. Charlie said I was stupid for doing this but Tai said that if he really loved me then he'd come back.

"You remembered." a familiar voice said as the door opened. I turned around to find the love of my life standing there with his skates and a box in his hands. My heart started beating rapidly in my chest. I've missed hearing his voice. He was even better looking than when we started dating.

I skated over to him and smiled. "Of course I remembered."

"I still love you Becca Leigh Conway. I can't imagine my life without you in it and I promise things will be different between us." I skated over to him and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I love you too Adam."

"Do you remember the other part of the deal?" He got down on one knee and I covered my mouth knowing what was gonna come out of his mouth.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes a thousand times yes!" I pulled him up and placed my lips on his. Even after three years of being apart, our kisses always make me feel like I'm being kissed for the first time. Adam chuckled and took my hand and led me out of the ice house.

A/N: that's it fam! Thank you so much for the 2k reads. Such a great way to end this series. I love you guys so much keep flying ducks!

XOXO,

Rebecca