Wedding Bells

Adam's P.O.V.

Fall break came and went like it was nothing. It felt good to see the Ducks again but I'm sure as hell gonna miss them again. It is now December and my first semester of college was complete. Becca and I made the Deans List and both of us had a 4.0 GPA. We played 5 games so far. Our record is 3-1. Becca and I are currently back home for winter break. 

Today was my brother, Aaron's wedding. Veronica wanted a Christmas themed wedding. I was the best man. I feel so honored to be in his wedding. Becca was my plus one so she's sitting in the wedding next to my mother and father. I was so excited for my brother and Veronica.  They met in college at the University of Michigan. Aaron played hockey while Veronica studied to be a nurse. Aaron now is a executive at Wall Street while Veronica works at a hospital in New York City.  The wedding of course would be in Minnesota because ironically, they're both from there. 

I was in the dressing room with Aaron and the other groomsmen. Aaron was pacing back and forth nervous as fuck. 

"Dude, there's nothing to be nervous about. You're gonna be fine." I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder. 

"I know Adam. I'm just nervous. I don't know what I'd do without you guys." Aaron replied as he gave all of us bro hugs. We laughed and the wedding commenced. 

The wedding was absolutely beautiful.  The theme was white. The groomsmen wore black tuxes and red ties.  The bridesmaids wore red dresses and gold head pieces around their heads. Becca as usual looked breathtaking in red and silver. The wedding vows made me emotional and I started to think about my wedding. I have always seen myself marrying Becca but after the wedding, I have made it my duty to marry her and love her as though she was my wife. 

We were at the reception and now it was my turn to toast the bride and groom. I clinked my glass of Champagne and stood up. Becca took my hand and kissed it assuring me that everything was okay. I hate public speaking so I was very nervous.

"Ever since I was born, I have always looked up to my older brother, Aaron. I wanted to do everything he did. I honestly didn't think that I would follow in your footsteps and play hockey in college. Aaron, you have truly shown me how to love a woman like you love Veronica. I am so happy that you and Veronica have decided to take this next step in your lives. To Aaron and Veronica Banks!" I said as I lifted my glass. 

"To Aaron and Veronica Banks!" the guests cheered and took a sip of their Champagne. 

Now was the dancing portion of the reception. Becca and I danced to every song. 

"That was a beautiful speech, Adam." Becca said as she laid her head on my chest. 

"Thank you baby girl." I said as I kissed her temple. 

"Have you thought about marriage?" 

"Yes, I have. Becca Leigh Conway, I swear to God that I will marry you someday." I said as I lifted her chin so she could have eye contact with me. Her eyes grew wide.

"Really?"

"Yes really. I will do everything I can to prove to you that I will be the one to call your husband." She giggled and crashed her lips against mine. In that moment, everything was perfect and I realized just how much Becca Conway truly meant to me.

Ya'll I'm back! I know it's been a while but school and finals have been taking over my life lately. Also I'm going to end this book soon (insert tears). I love you all and I thank ya'll so much for reading and supporting my story and these characters.

XOXO, 

Rebecca