Chapter 7

Long chapter so please vote, comment and share! PS. Y'all know Kevin Hart has a mixtape? My favorite song by him so far is above. Listen to it and tell me what you think! :) 

Braelin's POV

We looked good, hell better than good-- we looked bangin'. I was wearing light washed ripped denim jeans and a black copped hoodie that read 'flawless' with two gold hoops and black studded pumps while Layla had worn the exact same except with a white cropped hoodie. We were almost ready to go.

"Why do I have to ask her? You know me and my mom aren't close," I told Layla as I paced up and down the room. It was a few minutes to 9 pm and we had no ride to get there.

"Just ask her. What's the worst she can say?"

"She could say 'No, tonight were spending time with the family," I said and Layla shrugged right as Sam walked passed my bedroom holding a movie in one hand and a bag of popcorn in the other. "Sam come here."

"What's up Braelin?" He asked as he walked in and my eyes zeroed in on the horror movie in his hand.

"Since when are you allowed to stay up and watch horror movies? I thought mom banned you."

"I asked Lorrenzo and he said it was fine. He's pretty cool when you get to know him," he said before waving to Layla who grinned back.

"That's it! Just ask Lorenzo."

"Yeah right, he doesn't even like me."

"Of course he likes you, Lorenzo likes everyone," Sam said confidently.

"I'm sure."

"Just try, Lorenzo seems pretty chill to me."

"Fine, I'll ask but he is going to say no," I told her before heading downstairs towards Lorenzo office. The hallway that leads me to his office was an eerie silent and with each step I took, I found myself getting more and more nervous until finally, I was standing directly in front of his office door. Taking a deep breath, I knocked twice and opened the door once he yelled enter. The first thing I noticed upon entering was the burgundy walls and black leather furniture that made his office look more like a man cave. A 40 inch smart TV was hanging on the wall as well as a few photos of him and my mom that made me smile inwardly. He really did love her.

"Hey, Braelin, what a nice surprise, what's up?"

"I just want to thank you again for brining Layla down here, it means a lot."

"No problem, whatever I can do to make your move down here more comfortable I'll do it."

"I'm glad you said that. Layla and I were invited to a party not too far from here so I was hoping you could drop us?" I asked trying not to sound too hopeful but failing miserably. He looked down at the piles of paperwork in front of him and sighed as he ran a hand over his face.

"I wish I could Braelin but I have to finish these files by morning and I haven't even started," he said and I stopped myself from getting disappointed. Of course not.

"Thanks anyways," I muttered before heading to the door, I was almost out before Lorenzo spoke.

"You drive right?"

"Yeah."

"Take the car," he offered, throwing the keys onto the desk and my mouth dropped open. He wasn't serious.

"Your joking right?"

"Nope. You can even take the BMW if you're very careful," he said taking out another set of keys and suddenly the air was getting very much limited.