Chapter 24

Braelin

I was shocked. Speechless. Dumbstruck. Why did Stacey give this to me? I wasn't completely sure but it sure did change a lot. Unable to help myself I opened the USB file again and clicked on the MP3. It started off with nothing being heard, just the should of some shuffling before someone finally spoke.

"Dylan, you there?" Cameron asked, his voice slurred from all the alcohol.

"Man are you drunk?" Chad asked chuckling.

"A little but I didn't call you for that, I wanted to talk to you about my date with Braelin."

"Where are you, man?"  Chad asked sounding bored.

"Not telling until you let me tell you about my date."

"Fine."

"Good. Man Braelin and I had such a great time!"

"What did you guys do?"

"We went skating and she was a pro, I swear she's good at everything while I looked like a total dumbass trying to impress her but she just laughed and helped me up. But when I fell and couldn't get back up, she got really scared. Who knew Braelin was such a freak when it came to blood."

"Are you okay, though?"

"Well duh!" Cameron said to Chad as if it was obvious. "I wouldn't be out drinking if I wasn't. Hey, what's this blue thing?" Cameron asked curiously.

"Cameron where the hell are you!"

"I'm not done!" Cameron whined.

"Fine continue."

"Well after that we went back to my place and she wouldn't let me do anything. She was doing everything, I didn't even have to ask and she was all over me making sure I was good. Everything was going great until I asked her to get me a drink and my dad mistook her as a criminal. After that, I dropped Braelin home and my dad and I got into another fight before I ended up here."

"And where is here?" Chad asked and Cameron gave off the address to the party he was at before the MP3 ended. 

As I was saying, in shock. Why did Stacey give me all that information and how the hell did she get it. But the most important thing that needed clearing up was Cameron and I. Checking the time, I realized that although I had left school early, school had already ended meaning Cameron was already at home. Grabbing my keys off my table, I slipped into my black Adidas pants and threw on the jacket before rushing down the stairs not wanting to waste any more time.

"I'll be back mom!" I yelled before running out of the house and jumping into my car. I wasn't wasting another second. 

Cameron 

I was lying on my bed trying to figure out when things got bad when my mom called me to come downstairs. I thought about ignoring her but she wasn't the one who ruined my relationship with Braelin, I was. Although I don't remember saying any of that! I guess that's what I get for drinking. Sitting up, I grabbed my cell phone and headed down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom was cooking her specialty; Spaghetti and Meatballs.

"What's up mom?" I asked coming up behind her and taking some food out of the pot right before she smacked my arm.

"How is it?" She asked and I gave her two thumbs up.

"Perfect."

"Good now, why don't you tell me about this girl that has your nose wide open while I clean up, hmm?" She asked and I shook my head. I should've known. 

"Braelin is this new girl at my school who is amazing. She's smart, funny, and probably the most talented person I've ever met in my life."

"And you like her?" My mom asked and I nodded.

"I even had her for a bit but then something happened and now she won't even take my calls."

"Don't give up on her son, it'll all work out," she said patting my shoulder.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How did you and dad get together? You two are so different."

"Your father and I got into an arranged marriage when I was 18 years old," she said and my mouth dropped open.

"So you didn't want to marry dad?"

"Oh heavens no! Your father, as great as he is, wasn't the man I was supposed to marry but business happened and now twenty years later, here we are. Which is why I want you to know that if Braelin really is the girl for you, don't let her go. Your father doesn't know what it means to love someone just because and he never will but you do," she said giving me a hug before leaving the room right as my dad entered. Great. 

"Son."

"Dad," I said stiffly before getting ready to exit but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"I just want to thank you for making the right decision."

"Excuse me?"

"Dropping the hoodrat."

"I didn't drop her, she broke up with me and her name is Braelin so I would appreciate if you would stop calling her names," I muttered through gritted teeth and he shrugged.

"The details aren't important, the important part is that now that she's out of the way you and Stacey can get back together."

"I'm not getting back together with Stacey."

"Why because you have feelings for this black girl--Braelin?" He asked and when I didn't reply he sighed. "Son soon enough you'll realize that having feelings for someone only weakens you and besides I'm sure that Stacey wouldn't mind making an arrangement."

"An arrangement?" I asked confused.

"You know, let you sleep with the black girl a few times so you can get it out of your system since this is just a phase."

"My feelings for Braelin aren't a phase."

"Come on son, it happens to the best of us, even your old man has had a craving for it but after a few times around, it was gone as quick as it came," he said with a grin and for the first time in my life, I was actually disgusted by my father. He not only admitted to having an affair with another woman, he wasn't ashamed of it. Clearly, I needed to get out of here. 

"I'm going out, don't wait up."

"Cameron," he called but I was already out of the room and swinging the door open not wanting to see anyone but was sure as hell surprised to see Braelin standing there with her fist ready to knock on the door.

"Braelin," I whispered under my breath before our eyes connected. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Can we walk and do it? I don't really want to be here right now."

"Sure," she agreed with a smile before we headed down the road in silence. I wasn't completely sure where we were headed but I wasn't going to ruin the moment by asking questions. Finally, we found a park and took a seat on the bench, watching the kids run up and down having a great time.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked curiously and she sighed before taking out her phone.

"The recording Chad played for me."

"Look I swear I don't remember any of that and I don't believe I would say that."

"Just listen," she said playing the recording and then everything started to make sense...

I was going to kill Chad.