Chapter 13

Happy Valentine's day! All my ish got deleted (Thanks, apple!) but thankfully I physically wrote all ideas out for this book so nothing got deleted that will affect this book, I hope! (A LOT got deleted even this update so I apologize if it isn't that good.) I swear this just ruined my day but ah well, y'all comment's make me smile so I'll just wait on those. Anywho Enjoy.

Braelin's POV 

Seeing the two together made me feel sick but I was the only one to blame. I mean, I was the one who invited Stacey even after all the rude things she had said and done and now here she was kissing all over the guy I had grown feelings for who also happened to be her boyfriend. Drama much?

"You want us to go fight her?" Layla asked.

"Just say the word," Selena added on and I smiled lightly at how dedicated my two best friends were.

"For what? Kissing her boyfriend? It's cool besides we aren't here for all that, we're here to have a good time."

"Damn right!" Layla said before she rolled her eyes. "Here they come."

"Happy birthday Braelin," Dylan said first once they approached, pulling me in for a hug before he went and stood beside Layla who was still trying to play it cool.

"Thanks!"

"Happy birthday Braelin," Cameron said giving me a smile and I tried to return it but I failed miserably as my eyes connected with his arm that was wrapped around Stacey's waist.

"Yeah Happy birthday black girl."

"Stacey," he mumbled in a warning tone but I shook my head before taking their gifts out of their hand. Dylan had a pretty big box while Cameron's was medium sized and Stacey, of course, had the smallest box yet.

"I'll go put these with the rest of the presents." Dropping the gifts off at the table I took a deep breath before grabbing a cup and filling it up with the punch. I just needed to relax, everything was going to be fine.

"Happy birthday B," a familiar voice said and when I turned around I couldn't believe he was really here.

"Darnell, what the hell are you doing here?"

"It's your birthday, I wouldn't miss it for the world and I'm sorry about what happened last time, I was really stressed."

"That doesn't make it okay Darnell."

"I know," he said as he ran a finger through his short hair. "But I brought you a gift regardless of whether or not I can stay."

"That's really sweet," I said smiling as I took his gift before motioning to the food and activities. "You came all this way so you might as well stay."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." He pulled me into a hug before heading in and making his way over to the grill leaving me alone once again.

"Hey Braelin, come here were playing the first game!" Layla yelled from across the patio where a group of people were sitting waiting for me. I headed back over there hoping I didn't look as nervous as I felt before taking my seat beside Layla and Selena. In the group, there was a total of 7 people; Cameron, myself, Layla, Dylan, Matthew, Selena, Stacey

"Alright what are we doing?"

"Truth or dare," Layla said giving Selena a knowing look and I had a feeling this was a setup.

"Alright let's do it, who starts?"

"I think you should birthday girl," Stacey said and I raised my eyebrow curiously before shrugging. "Sure."