Chapter 22

Braelin

I got suspended. Even after they brought us both to the office and he admitted he, in fact, wrote that word on my locker, they excused him giving him a few detentions before suspending me for 5 days for 'assaulting' a student. Lorenzo and my mom weren't even mad since they believed he got everything they deserved but I guess justice didn't always win.

It was my third day in from my suspension and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Layla had come up and we had been spending the time together, having as much fun as possible but I was feeling bad. After I had told her what Cameron did, she immediately stopped talking to Dylan saying that, 'she wasn't going to associate herself with the best friend of the man who broke my heart.'

"Whatcha thinking bout?" She asked throwing a popcorn at me and I rolled my eyes before responding.

"You should call Dylan, he's been blowing up your phone for days."

"I already told you B, I'm not doing that to him. Yeah, he was great but you're my best friend."

"But I want you to be happy and you were with him," I told her and she waved me off before her phone started ringing, again and unsurprisingly it was Dylan.

"Answer your phone," I told her and she shook her head. 

"Nope."

"Fine, I'll do it then," I told her grabbing her cell phone and before she could stop me, I had answered and was on the other side of the room. "Hello?"

"Layla? Baby finally, you have to, believe me, I didn't know or I swear I would--"

"Hold your apologizes Dylan, it's not her," I told him and he sighed deeply while I rushed to the other side trying to avoid being grabbed by an angry and surprisingly fast, Layla.

"She's at your house?" He asked surprised.

"Yup and whether she admits it or not she wants to see you so you should come over before she attacks me--Ow!" I yelled when she smacked me before grabbing the phone out of my hand.

"Hello... Look I don't want to see you right now... Mhm... Yeah... Yes... Seriously?. Fine whatever," she said rolling her eyes but I could tell whatever he had said put a smile on her face. "But if your coming then you better come now because I only have so much patience. Alright, see you soon, later." She hung up the phone and threw it on the bed before shrugging her shoulders as if she didn't care.

"He's coming?" I asked and she nodded. "You want to go change before he gets here, don't you?" I asked and she nodded again excitedly. "Go get ready and you better be quick because that boy has missed you."

"Thank you," she said pulling me in for a hug before looking at me. "You're okay with this right? Because I can call and tell him not to come."

"Just because Cameron and I didn't work out doesn't mean you should give up on having a good relationship and you have that with Dylan so don't let it pass you."

"Your right, I'm going to change really quickly," she said before grabbing her bag with her clothes and rushing into the bathroom. Shaking my head I headed down the stairs and straight into the kitchen bumping right into my mom.

"Hey Braelin, can I talk to you about something?" She asked sounding nervous and I nodded before grabbing a water out of the fridge nearly laughing. The last time I had grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge, I was excused of stealing because apparently that's all my kind was good for.

"Shoot."

"I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just going to say it and get it over with. I'm pregnant," she said and my eyes widened in surprise.

"How?"

"Oh my god did your father not give you the talk? Okay sit down so basically--" she started but I cut her off.

"No! Stop. I've had the talk with dad and it was awkward enough when he brought in the hand puppets," I said cringing at the memory and she took a breath of relief. "I meant how far along are you?"

"Four and a half months," she said before continuing. "And were having a boy."

"Congratulations mom!" I said pulling her in for a hug.

"And after talking about it with Lorenzo, we decided we want to name him after your brother Michael," she said and my mouth dropped slightly open.

"Really?"

"Yeah, we really hope you don't mind but--" I didn't let her finish her sentence before I pulled her in for a hug, ignoring the world around us. I was going to have a little brother!

The doorbell rang interrupting out moment and wiped a tear that escaped before clearing my throat. 

"I should probably get that,"

"Alright well, I'll be upstairs if you need me okay?" She said and I nodded before heading to the door and swinging it open not bothering to look through the peephole but I should've. 

"Braelin?"

"Stacey, what the hell are you doing here!" I asked angrily. "What you and your friend haven't had enough of ruining my life?"

"I wasn't apart of what happened to you Braelin, you have to believe me," she said and I rolled my eyes.

"And why should I? Since the day I showed up to this school all you've managed to do is act like a complete bitch to me and continue to remind me that not only am I different but I don't belong here."

"Look I'm sorry," she said before reaching into her bag and grabbing a USB. "I know this won't make up for anything I've done but it's a start."

"What's that?"

"Just listen to it, you won't believe me if I told you anyways," she said placing it into my hand. "I have to go but please just listen to it."

"I'll think about it," I told her before closing the door and pressing my back against it, gripping the USB that rested in my palm. What was so important about that USB?