Log book entry 6

Log book – sixth entry

I wake up in the middle of the night. My throat feels horribly funny, as does my chest. I sit up in bed and begin coughing. I cough and cough and cough. Blood comes up my throat and dribbles down my pyjamas. I scream at the top of my lungs, though it’s an effort with blood running from my throat. “What’s the matter Lindsay?” my dad storms in, like I simply called for him instead of a murderous scream. “What, you can’t see the blood?” I choke out.

“What are you on about?” he asks looking puzzled. “There’s nothing there”. I look down my pyjama top. Bone dry. Not a trace of blood. I bring my hand to my mouth. No blood. “But…”

“Lindsay, I don’t appreciate you pranking me on a work morning,” he groans, and leaves the room. I lie back down, more confused than ever. I look out the window, and see he’s standing there again. “What do you want?” I ask him, getting angry of his games. “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?!” He just stands there, staring back at me. I grab my phone and look at the time. 3am again. I really want to call Dieter but it isn’t fair on him. Surprisingly, my phone vibrates in my hand, and it’s him calling me! I answer straight away. “Dieter! You’ll never guess what hap-“

“I've seen him too,” he interrupts me. “He was at the edge of the forest, just now”.

“Oh my God,” I gasp. It’s happened to him too. He’s after both of us. “Something weird happened,” I say, and explain it all to him. He takes a deep breath. “That’s gross,” he says, sounding only semi-serious. “But also horrible. Are you okay now?”

“I think,” I say, not really sure myself. “I was just imagining it, I think. It has something to do with Slendy”.

“It makes sense. There was a giant centipede on my wall just after I seen him. I got papa to kill it but he said there was nothing there. And when I looked back at the wall, it was gone”.

“I’m scared, Dieter,” I admit, rubbing my eyes. It’s too weird. It’s not fair. Kids my age are out having fun, not having to worry about…well things like this. “I am too,” he says, sounding upset. “But we can work this out. I don’t know how, I don’t know when but I won’t give up until we’re free. Both of us”. This line makes me smile, yet again. Because it reminds me that I have someone to help me. Only one person to help me, actually. “You’re a good friend, Dieter,” I say truthfully. And I manage to fall asleep.