Chapter 3

JADE - CHAPTER 3

"Mr. Rose?" I said while raising my hand.

"Yes Jade,"

"May I go to my locker, I need my book." I said, someone in the back fake coughed and said 'nerd' as I seen it was Noah, Jesse and the new boy. I never found out his name and it's been two days into the school year.

I narrowed at my them and they laughed, I wasn't going to let them know it bothered me.

"At least I know I'll graduate," I smiled at them, Jesse amused looked dropped into an angry face as he wasn't expecting me to reply with sass. I'm liking this new confidence.

Mr. Rose let me get my book and I gladly grabbed my things and left. I was searching through my locker looking for my book, someone slammed my locker shut and picked me up by my arms.

I looked over and seen it was Noah and Jesse, I was panicking. Maybe I shouldn't have this burst of confidence anymore.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled, "I didn't mean it!"

Neither of them answered me as they continued to carry me away from my locker. I was positive that I was going to die or they're going to humiliate me, just something.

They finally set me down in the empty parking lot, making me sit on a bed of a truck. It was Noah's, I recognized it by the color. I used to see him every morning with it as he got here early as me at times.

The boys stood in front of me with a smile on their face, I seen the new kid lean against Noah's truck not looking interested in what's happening at the moment. He was smoking a cigarette, disgusting.

"Relax Jade, we just want to talk." Jesse said, if they wanted to talk why not do it in a public area not in a empty parking lot behind the school!

"Okay?..." I said nervously, my voice was low. I wasn't sure what to expect.

"We just wanted to apologize for all the torturing over the years, Noah told me you said it was a new year for you." Jesse said.

"What are you trying to get at?" I asked suspiciously narrowing my eyes at them trying to see if there's something on their face that would give something away. I couldn't find a single thing.

"Jade, we're really sorry. Let's just make amends." Jess said again not answering my question, that was a signal for me saying they were trying to pull something on me.

"Cool, bye now." I said hoping off the truck, I just wanted to leave. A hand grasped my arm and stopped me.

"Guys can I get a second alone with Jade?" Noah asked, the boys mumbled yes and left him and I alone.

"Jade, I know I'm not the best person because I left you like I didn't value our friendship." Noah spoke spinning me around to face him, I looked dead into his eyes, he looked sorry but how can I be so sure? He left as if it meant nothing.

"It's fine Noah, I was a nerd and you didn't want to be seen with a girl like me." my heart broke as I said this, I thought it was true.

"It wasn't like that," he said, "What do ya say? Best friends again?" he said in a cheerful sound to his voice trying to lighten the mood.

"I guess," I said as my stomach turned, I wasn't sure to make out of this. The boys came back and they stood next to Noah towering over me, I felt uncomfortable, I took a few steps back away from them.

"Allies?" Jesse said sticking his hand out for a handshake, I looked at him strangely. I slowly took his hand and shook it.

"Allies." I repeat to them.