Dan Howell x Reader | Delayed

Description: Your going on a trip with your best friend, and you flight is delayed almost 12 hours. While you wait, you notice a certain brown haired man that you think is very attractive, and your best friend tries to hook you up.
Warnings: Fluff, Swearing
Word Count: 1041
Shauna is your best friend's name.
|||
"You're kidding!" Shauna yells at the woman behind the desk. She just told us our flight to Baltimore was delayed for almost 12 more hours. Shauna starts to get mad, and before she starts to yell profanities at the poor woman, I yank her away from the desk and back to our seats in the lounge.

"Well what the fuck do we do now? Should we crash at your place for a bit?" Shauna asks.

"No, I had a fight with my dad before I left, I don't want to see him, especially not right now." I say.

"I guess we'll just stay here then." She says, flopping down in one of the chairs. I can already tell the next while is going to be boring as all hell so I take out my book and start to read.

I'm reading for almost an hour before there's a violent tapping on my shoulder. I look over and Shauna is practically slapping me with a serious look on her face. Her eyes are fixed on something in the distance as if it would vanish if she were to look away from it.

"What, what!" I say, blocking her from hitting me again.

"Tall, brown fringe, patched shirt with patterns." She says, pointing to a man sitting across the room. When I look at him, I feel my heart flutter, he was very attractive, definitely my type. From where I'm sitting it's hard to define what he looks like, though.

"He's cute." I say, pretending to be uninterested.

"Just cute?" Shauna says, nudging my shoulder.

"Ok, he's pretty gorgeous." I admit.

"You should go talk to him!"

"No way! You know I'm terrible at talking to strangers, not to mention attractive ones!" I say.

"Fine, walk by him to the vending machine, catch his attention or something." She says, giving me some change.

"How?" I ask.

"How do you use a vending machine?"

"No you prick, how do I get his attention?" I laugh.

"Here." She says, abruptly spraying perfume on my body. I cover my mouth and cough, getting some in my mouth.

"If he doesn't look up at you as you walk by he sure as hell will smell you." She shrugs.

"Your so stupidly smart." I say, standing.

"A bag of Doritos please." She says, shooing me off. I begin to walk over, checking over my shoulder for her approval. She winks at me and I nod back at her.

The man is still sat in his chair, a laptop is set on his lap and he looks fully engaged in it. As I'm walking by I look at him, and he doesn't even budge. I sigh as I reach the vending machine. When I'm buying the Doritos, I look over my shoulder again. The man is looking at me, and I get a glimpse of his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I blush under his gaze and he looks away and back at his screen. I bend down and grab the chips out of the pocket then walk back to Shauna. Halfway there I look behind me at the man and he smiles at me. I smile back and take a mental picture of him, he is flawless. His smile could most likely cure cancer, and his fringe was slightly curly. And not to mention his arresting eyes. I reach Shauna and throw her her chips.

"So?" She says giddily.

"We made eye contact, and he smiled at me!" I say, a little too excited.

"Hey that's pretty good!" She says tossing a few Doritos in her mouth.

"Now what? We still have almost eleven hours until we board."

"Well, it's almost lunch, he's bound to get up and go to that little cafe soon. When he does, I'm sending you over there to talk to him so you better think of some conversation starters." She says it like it's easy.

"How do you know he'll be getting on the same flight?" I ask.

"I saw his ticket when we were walking."

"Damn, you've got some good vision." I say. She flips her hair dramatically in response and we laugh. I pick my book back up and continue to read. Shauna bugs me every five minutes that she's bored, and eventually I can't take it, so we decide to walk around the airport.

In the airport, we find a little belvedere. It's filled with beautiful flowers and bushes, along with a few memorial stones. We spend about forty-five minutes there, before deciding to head back. On the way, there's a small coffee kiosk where we both buy a drink to take back with us.

As we walk we immerse in deep conversation, and before I know it I've bumped into someone and dumped all my coffee into my shirt.

"Oh my god I'm so, so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was walking and—" Says and unfamiliar voice.

"Oh don't worry, it was my fault, I wasn't paying attention.." The last part fades out as I look up to meet the individual. My eyes meet the same chocolate brown ones from earlier, and I immediately begging to flush red.

"I still feel awful, how about you let me take you to lunch to make it up to you?" He says.

"I'd be happy to go to lunch with you," I pause as I realize I don't know his name.

"Dan. And you?"

"Y/n."

"A lovely name for an even lovelier woman." He says, looking down at his feet. I smile widely and thank him. Shauna has departed back to our seats now, leaving me alone with Dan.

"I should probably change my shirt before we go." I say, looking down at my coffee stained sweater.

"Good idea."

|||

Oops I'm sorry to leave it off there but I had no idea how to continue this!

Thanks for 200 reads!!

May we meet again.

- SW -