Dan Howell x Reader | She Jumped

Description: You and Dan recently went public with your relationship, and a lot of people hated it. The cruel comments became too much, so you commit suicide.
Warnings: Suicide, Death, Sad, Rude Comments, Swearing.
Word Count: 1146
|||
"Yes, its true! Y/n and I are a couple, and have been for a almost a year!" Dan smiles. Right now, we are recording a video that will go up today on our relationship. We've kept it hidden for a long while, but the internet kept digging at us so we decided to just come clean.

We finish the recording, and Dan immediately goes and edits it. I stay in the living room, picking at my nails while nerves wrap around me like a suffocating blanket as I think of what his audience will say when the video is published.

(Time skip)

It's been a day since the video has been published, and I haven't looked at the comments or any social media yet. I'm terrified of what the reaction will be.

But it's now or never, so I grab my laptop and pull up the YouTube video. Top comments load first, so I start with them.

"I don't get why everyone is being so rude about Dan and Y/n being together, we all knew it anyway. Just cause Y/n isn't pretty or skinny doesn't mean we can get mad at her for it." Reads the first comment.

Wait, what? Not pretty, or skinny, and everyone is being rude?

I'm suddenly afraid to go on. But I scroll anyway. The comments are basically all the same as the first one, saying that "I'm ugly but Dan loves me so whatever." I click on the button near the add a comment blank, and load the newest comments first. My heart immediately sinks into my stomach.

"Ok, really Dan? You've stooped low..."

"Jesus and I thought Dan would never date ME."

"Ew Y/n is fucking weird."

"Lol I bet she loves food more than him."

"Guys chill, Dan can love who he wants. Even if they look like something Trump shit out."

"Does he really have zero taste?"

"Uuuuughhh but why can't you just date Phil."

"Dump her #PhanFTW"

The comments go on and on, and for some reason, I can't stop reading them. I start to sob, and bad thoughts begin to creep into my mind.

Everyone hates you, why don't you do them a solid and go kill yourself?

Why live if no one fucking wants you here.

The only person that loves you is Dan, and even he is kind of tired of you.

Why the fuck are you still breathing?

DO IT, YOU FUCKING FAILURE.

I scream in sadness, and run out the door. I take the stairs all the way to the top of the building, and am soon standing at the edge of the rooftop. The drop was far, far enough to die instantly. Tears continue to stream down my face, but inside I just feel empty. My hands tremble as I look at the drop.

My phone rings in my pocket.

"Babe? Where are you? I heard you yell and then the door slam!" Dan says through the line.

"I-I'm," I stutter.

"I'm coming to get you, I'm outside the building now, are you still near the flat?"

I can see Dan on the ground. His phone is pressed to his ear and he's frantically looking around.

"Dan, look up, baby." I say, calmer than I expected.

I watch as he spots me, and hear his breath hitch through the speaker.

"Y/n, come down, please. Please, for me."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I, no one wants me here, Dan. Not your audience, my family, my friends, you..."

"What on Earth are you talking about! I love you, Y/n. Your family and friends do too!"

"And your audience?"

"Who cares what they think of us together. If to us, being together feels right, then who are they to say it's wrong."

"Dan there's only one way I'm coming down, and that's over the edge of this building."

"No, please."

"I'm sorry, Dan. I love you, so much." I say, ending the call. I hear him scream my name at the bottom of the building, and a collection of shouts and gasps as surrounding people notice I'm here.

I think of my body, falling off the edge and being moulded by the wind as I fall through the air. I think of hitting the pavement, and being sent into infinite bliss, as all the pain is ended.

I take a step forward, and look down. Dan is there, a group of strangers shouting beside him. I can't decipher what they're saying. All I hear is the wind whispering in my ear.

I bring my arms out at a ninety degree angle on either side of me. The shouts get louder.

I fall forward.

The wind carries me, twisting me around, making my clothes whip against me. The shouts get louder and louder as I near the ground.

And then there's nothing.

Dan's Point Of View
One Week Later

"Hello, internet." I say to the camera. I'm way too tired and sad to record, but I need to tell them what they've done. How they killed my Y/n.

"Recently, a little over a week ago, I uploaded a video, confessing my relationship with Y/n to you guys. It took a lot of courage for us to upload that, but we did because we thought you would have been happy for us. Turns out, it was quite the opposite." I pause the recording and wipe a tear from my face. I sob a bit, and try to regain myself, and then Phil walks in.

"Dan, I can tell them if you'd like." He says, sympathetically.

"No it's alright I can do it."

"Dan—"

"I have to do it, Phil." I say, a little more forceful than I meant. He smiles apologetically, and leaves the room.

I start the recording again, and continue.

"You guys said some of the cruelest things I've ever read. It broke her, and me. She, Y/n made me the happiest I've been in years. I loved her so much, and you guys took her away from me. I was thinking of marrying her some day. Starting a family and living a life outside of YouTube."

I wipe the tears falling down my face.

"She killed herself the day after that video was published. Phil and I just got back from her funeral. I hope you are all fucking happy with yourselves." I say, and shut the camera off.

|||

This was very sad, just know that if any of you are feeling sad or suicidal, you can message me, either on here or on my Instagram that's linked in my bio.

May we meet again.

- SW -