Dan Howell x Reader | The New Girl

Description: You are the new girl at your school, joining in the middle of 11th grade, and the people haven't been very nice. One day, a group of boys are harassing you after school, and Dan saves the day.
Warnings: Bullying, Violence, Fluff, Swearing.
Word Count: 1584
|||
"For fucks sake." I mumble, picking up the books that were just knocked out of my hand by a group of boys.

Being the new girl sucks. Everyone looks at you like you're some sort of Martian, and the only people that talk to you are teachers.

I remember when my mom told me that were moving, I used to live in Canada, but we moved all the way to London. Honestly, I was excited, I mean, it's London! Then I remembered that I'd have to join a school in the middle of eleventh grade.

I gather my books and continue to walk to my class, the school is huge and I'm already lost. The map they gave me is old, so it's inaccurate causing me to walk into the wrong classroom twice already.

After searching for what seemed like forever, I finally found my class. I walk in and sit at a chair in the back.

"Y/l/n" the I hear the teacher say.

"Yes?" I say, raising my hand to let her know where I am.

"You're 10 minutes late. Care to explain?"

"I was lost."

"Well, use the map!" She exclaims.

I was about to argue back, but decided to not make enemies, especially with teachers, on my first day.

I lean back in my chair and sigh, then a boy with long brown hair sitting in the desk in front of mine turns around.

"Don't worry, she's mean to everyone. We call her Ms. Bitch, instead of Ms. Kitch." He says.

I laugh a little, then look down, assuming he's done talking to me, but he's still faced to me.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Y/n."

"I'm Dan, welcome to Fulford School."

"Thanks." I smile.

He smiles back then turns around.

The rest of the class included a shit ton of note taking, the teacher telling me to give answers to questions despite me not knowing what the hell we are learning. I tried telling her that I just moved, but she said that's no excuse. Dan covered for me each time by whispering the answer nonchalantly.

The bell finally rings, and I only have to survive one more period. Thank god I started on a Friday. I stand up and throw my bag over my shoulder. Dan stands up to, and starts walking out, then stops and turns around.

"What class do you have next?" He asks me.

"Uhm," I say, fumbling through my bag for my timetable. "I have science with Mr. Will. Room 38."

"So do I!" He says.

"Oh thank god, I think I would find Narnia before finding another one of my classes. This school is huge." I joke.

"Well, how about I escort you?" He says.

"That would be well appreciated, thanks." I say.

We start to walk, and a boy with black hair, kind of the same as Dan's, joins.

"Hey, Phil, this is Y/n. She's new." Dan introduces.

"Hi! Do you have fifth period with us?" He asks.

"Yup!" I say, assuming he has Mr. Will too.

"You're going to love Mr. Will, he's hilarious! He's everyone's favourite teacher." Phil says.